Can I network 3 systems to use XBMC ?
Hello everyone!

I would like to say that I love the XBMC ! I've been using it for years on my XBOX. I've finally decided to build a HTPC and I'm using XBMC for my video playback. I have the following scenario and question for those that might experience the same setup or might just have a suggestion.

Scenario: XBOX running XBMC connected to 1 television, HTPC running XBMC connected to 1 television and desktop PC all wired together through linksys router.

Question: Can I utilize the same video library for both units without having to put the video files on the hard drives on both units (XBOX and HTPC)? In other words, could both units (XBOX and HTPC) access the video files through my desktop pc? Hope this question makes sense.

I'm pretty sure XBMC running on Windows through the HTPC can access files on my desktop pc since they are wired together through the same linksys router. I just don't know if XBMC running on the XBOX can do this.

Please forgive me if my terminology doesn't make sense.

Thanks for any suggestions/input... Big Grin
Yes Nod

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Smb
onedummy The answer from me is yes as well. Make sure your PC has file share enable on the folder of the video files/movies/tv shows, etc. add a source under the video section on each of the other two pc's and browse (for windows I dont have mac or linux) to workgroups and locate the share folders. This should do it. good luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I network 3 systems to use XBMC ?0