Has anyone EVER gotten XBMC to work or install in Debian Lenny?
Hi all,

Ive been spending many many hours to get it to compile, but without luck. I got the configure to go without problems eventually, but make does not work. I have seen many threads here, but none of them really solves any problems.

My question: Is there anyone that has gotten this to work on Debian Lenny, and that has a small HOWTO get it to work?!

Thanks so very much in advance!!!

Kind regards,

Nemo
i have a working xbmc on debian squeeze. lenny has too old packages.

here is a list of packages you need to install to have it all working:
PHP Code:
libdbus-1-3 libsdl1.2debian libsdl-gfx1.2-4 libsdl-image1.2 libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl-sound1.2 libfribidi0 libcdio7 liblzo2-2 liblzo2-2 libfreetype6 libbz2-1.0 libsqlite3-0 python2.4 python-sqlite libglew1.5 gawk libsmbclient libasound2 libmms0 libcurl3 libxinerama1 x11-common xserver-xorg-core libxrandr2 libxrender1 libmad0 libtre4 libvorbis0a libpcre3 libjasper1 libfontconfig1 libenca0 libfaac0 libpulse0 libmysqlclient15off libcurl4-openssl-dev mesa-utils libsamplerate0 x11-xserver-utils 

just apt-get install them. then you need to download xbmc deb's from ppa site. unpack them in a directory /root/xbmc with dpkg -x xbmc...... coppy all unpacket files into their proper destination
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has anyone EVER gotten XBMC to work or install in Debian Lenny?0