[LIVE] No HDMI output
Is there any way to force the output video device in XBMC or the underlying OS? The problem is that my beamer does not get any video signal over HDMI when my VGA monitor is connected at the same time, so I always have to disconnect the VGA cable when I want to boot into XBMC Live, which kind of sucks. Sad I have a Zotac ION ITX D board, btw.
Hi, there is - see the nvidia linux driver readme:

Quote:Option "ConnectedMonitor" "string"

Allows you to override what the NVIDIA kernel module detects is connected to your video card. This may be useful, for example, if you use a KVM (keyboard, video, mouse) switch and you are switched away when X is started. In such a situation, the NVIDIA kernel module cannot detect what display devices are connected, and the NVIDIA X driver assumes you have a single CRT.

Valid values for this option are "CRT" (cathode ray tube), "DFP" (digital flat panel), or "TV" (television); if using TwinView, this option may be a comma-separated list of display devices; e.g.: "CRT, CRT" or "CRT, DFP".

NOTE: anything attached to a 15 pin VGA connector is regarded by the driver as a CRT. "DFP" should only be used to refer to digital flat panels connected via a DVI port.

Default: string is NULL (the NVIDIA driver will detect the connected display devices).

This is a setting you have to add to the device section of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf. The device you want is the one "xrandr -q" shows you when your HDMI device is connected and running.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sounds good, but did not work for me. I tried all conbinations of values, but without any luck. Furthermore, "xrandr -q" only said "can't open display"...

EDIT: I got it working! I simply had to add

Option "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "VGA"

Thanks a lot for the useful hint, Clumsy! Smile
WOW I have exactly the same problem with my asus eb1012...
searched half a day to find a reply for it Sad

How can I open the "see the nvidia linux driver readme", where can i find this file ?

I have only installed XBMC 9.11 on my SD Card.... when i´m booting from it it boots directly to the XBMC interface...

Have I only to change ""IgnoreDisplayDevices" "VGA"" in there ?

Thank you very much for your help Smile

I love my XBMC on my EEEBox! Runs perfect Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] No HDMI output0