t3Ch no longer providing updates?
Hey folks,

I used to count on T3CH for my updates, but the site had been quiet now for two months...

Have there been no XBMC for XBOX updates since the 6-28-2009 release?

Are there alternates?

Thoughts? +1

Comment with useful links? +5

Thanks!

V.
google "xbmc nightly builds"
search google xbmc nightly build
WHAM !

And a new source of fun is found!

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/

Looks pretty good.

+10 on ya both!

Thanks!
No need to google, use T3CH Upgrader script, it can download and upgrade XBMC from both sources - T3CH website sometimes is not available check the settings so that it doesn't go and check for updates automatically as that might take a while to timeout.

T3CH Upgrader script is available through SVN Repo Installer in xbmc-scripts I believe.
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29911
Dan,

I have that script, and have been using it.

The issue is: No updates since late June.

Updates used to be weekly, then twice a moth (which made sense), and then... nothing.

(You can verify my comment at t3ch.yi.se )

That's the reason for my question.

Sidenote: If anyone knows T3Ch personally, someone may wish to reach out to her and see what's up.

I think we all would understand if the answer is that "life got busy".
@zebraitis
There isn't much difference between T3CH and SSHCS builds, they both work off the same code branch - if you have the latest version of the script, simply click on the T3CH entry and it will switch to checking SSHCS builds. Those are made every couple of days. It installs them pretty much like T3CH builds. I agree with what you say about T3CH, but you can take it now that SSHCS is the main Xbox builds provider.
We've hardly touched the Xbox code, there's probably no reason to upgrade anyway.
if I donate 30 dollars will u update it?
What I do know is this...

"Hardly touched it" has made a HUGE improvemnt on my XBMC/XBOX device.

The current version, as of yesterday 08/28/2009, compared to a version a few months old, now allows me to have PlayOn display the DVD / Movie Art for the items in Netflix and Hulu.

This will make my wife's usability of XBMC greatly improved.

For this alone, I will need to make a donation to the developer beer fund! Nod

I know the XBOX days are numbered, but DAMN! It keeps on exceeding expectations.

THANKS ! ! !
Well, in fairness to Arnova he's doing a lot in porting fixes to the branch, I for one I'd like to get involved as well, in fact I'm even trying in my spare time, and I think XBMC for Xbox will be here as long as there are a few senior Team XBMC members interested in keeping it going. On the other hand, I think that Xbox users are reasonable bunch of people and they don't expect a lot of development going for Xbox, just want the things working till their boxes hit the ground Smile
I was of course referring to "since the last t3ch build" with my previous statement. Just stating that updating probably isn't going to gain you a whole lot.
zebraitis Wrote:WHAM !

And a new source of fun is found!

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/

Looks pretty good.

+10 on ya both!

Thanks!

Thanks but my site is not exactly "new" Smile I have been doing "nightly" builds for over a year and a half now.

Craig
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
Dan Dare Wrote:Well, in fairness to Arnova he's doing a lot in porting fixes to the branch, I for one I'd like to get involved as well, in fact I'm even trying in my spare time, and I think XBMC for Xbox will be here as long as there are a few senior Team XBMC members interested in keeping it going. On the other hand, I think that Xbox users are reasonable bunch of people and they don't expect a lot of development going for Xbox, just want the things working till their boxes hit the ground Smile

My box has hit the ground a couple times.. but it always boots right up and works again after a little work.. The day i am forced to switch from my XBOXs to HTPCs will be a sad sad day indeed... Unless of course someone finds a nicer way to put a miniatx board with an ion or atom into the xbox case.. Something about seeing that ugly as hell green and black box on my entertainment center makes me smile everyday..
TheQuestor Wrote:Thanks but my site is not exactly "new" Smile I have been doing "nightly" builds for over a year and a half now.

Craig

Thanks Craig for your service.. I switched from T3ch to your site a couple months ago... I would compile myself but it takes to much time and energy that i dont have anymore, but luckily there are people like you that are willing to do it so we can all benefit.
TheQuestor Wrote:Thanks but my site is not exactly "new" Smile I have been doing "nightly" builds for over a year and a half now.

Craig

I love it but I sure wish the PM3.HD skin was included as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
t3Ch no longer providing updates?1