[XBOX] Gampepad Lock & Global Fan Speed
I've thought for a while that a gampad button combo that could lock the controls for watching videos would be great when you've just been playing a four player game and have 4x the chance of accidentilly hitting a button. I've been sifting through the sourcecode and think it could be achieved by assigning a seperate keymap, with only support for the buttons to re-enable the main keymap.

Also, i think a "Global Fan Speed Override" toggle would be great to save on overheating in games. It would just have to toggle whichever call resets the fan speed when you load an xbe.

or if someone could point me in the direction of coding this myself, i'm willing to give it a shot.
I don't know if there is a setting for that, but I'd recommend buying a remote - put the controllers down, relax on the couch and control XBMC using the remote, it's much handier. Of course, the downside is that since you have 4 controllers, it requires unplugging one and plugging the IR remote adapter.

For the second one, if you are in a game, you're out of XBMC at that point. Xbox can only play one .xbe at at time. You'll have to look in your modchip configuration, for example my Xecuter2 modchip has a setting for that:

Code:
; speed of xbox fan, value 10 equals 20%, value 50 equals 100%
fanSpeed = 10

Even better, change your Xbox fan:
http://dandar3.blogspot.com/2007/02/xbox...n-mod.html
I managed to lose both of my xbox remotes :mad:

and there are loads of dashboards that maintain the user set fanspeed after loading another xbe (unleashx for one) not sure how it's done but its most definitely possible.
XBMC for Xbox is running low on developers, I don't think this is going as a priority, you could try your luck and log an enhancement request at xbmc.org/trac...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Gampepad Lock & Global Fan Speed0