• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Fox News Video
I'm eager to try the fix. Fox was my news source... Sad
If anyone want's a quick fix you can replace ~ /xbmc/addons/plugin.video.fox.news/default.py with this one here - http://ubuntuone.com/p/wTd/ untill I have time to finish and submit an update.

The bad news, I'm not doing subcategories. Do we really need them?

The good news, better quality video and thumbnails.
The Fox News plugin for XBMC seems to be broken again. I guess this is because of more changes on the Fox News website lately. I am running Frodo and 3.1.1 of the plugin. This is one of my favorite plugins for XBMC. I really hope you can update it soon? Please. Thank You!
Yes, it doesn't work from almost one month. The last version is 3.1.1 since January so someone needs to look into it and update it, especially this addon being a "XBMC official".
Agreed... Is there anyone here who knows how to fix this?

Looking at the details of the default.py it looks like Fox's urls have changed, but can't tell exactly how to update. Googling http://video.foxnews.com/v/feed/playlist show that these are still there are this could be fixed...

For now, I'm using the XBMC iTunes Podcast App to watch the fox video podcasts. Not nearly as good as the Fox news plug in, but its something.
Anything on this? Still broke in 3.1.1.
No changes to the code have been made in a while. See this other thread for my last post with a work-around using a different plugin:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1658811

I'm wtill waiting to learn more about python, kinda shocked this isn't fixed yet.
UPDATE!

A fix for the plugin has been made available here:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.fox.news

I downloaded the zip and manually updated my XBMC Plugin. Works!

Source:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=FoxNews
A big thank you to @learningit !!!!

I don't think he even likes Fox News... But he was a kind man fixing this for all of us!
Thank you, thank you thank you!
Thumbs Up 
Thanks!!!!
Feature Request

I was looking at your plugin and it looks like you scrape the videos off a webpage and display them under categories.

I was wondering if it would be possible to display all videos based on the date/time they were posted so that everything available on FoxNews or FoxBusiness could be watched in order as aired or posted to their site...

I see some have recent or latest but that wouldn't list all the available content by date.

Was wondering because I plan to cut the cord and go OTA and it would be cool if I could start where i stopped watching the day before and just watch everything through in a playlist .. kinda like delayed live or something.

I guess you would have to enumerate all the available videos and then sort them by time.. not sure if that requires saving the list or if it can be done on the fly.

-------

Also I am going to ask this in the Android Developers area but
the contextual menu that is available on my desktop when I right click is not available on my android tv box install

The contextual menu when I bring up a list of clips under your plugin
and then right click
and it says play from here and it just keeps playing clips in the list

I use a Rii mini keyboard and when I right click a menu video it backs me out like i pressed escape

if you know a work around so I don't have to keep clicking when videos end ...

I am a little bit low vision and I have to get up to see the menus and position the cursor so autoplay is helpful

---

anyway thank you very much
(2015-05-03, 18:48)ZippyTheChicken Wrote: Feature Request

I see some have recent or latest but that wouldn't list all the available content by date.

-------

Also I am going to ask this in the Android Developers area but
the contextual menu that is available on my desktop when I right click is not available on my android tv box install

The contextual menu when I bring up a list of clips under your plugin
and then right click
and it says play from here and it just keeps playing clips in the list

I use a Rii mini keyboard and when I right click a menu video it backs me out like i pressed escape

if you know a work around so I don't have to keep clicking when videos end ...

I am a little bit low vision and I have to get up to see the menus and position the cursor so autoplay is helpful

---

anyway thank you very much

So,

1) I'm not sure that date and time of the video is available from the website. The addon adds them in the order it finds them on the website, which should be chronological. You can use the side-bar menu (cursor left) to change the "sort by" and "ascending / descending" - note that this varies from skin to skin and not all skins support it.

2) I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here. An alternative way to pull up the context menu with a keyboard is to press 'C' rather than right-click. The "play from here" function will auto-play the next video in the list when the current video ends if you have set the play next video on. You can set the option by going to Settings->Video->Playback->Play next video automatically

Please have a look at this thread for more instructions about sorting:
1711095 (post)
i found the problem with the context menu .. I had autoplay in system settings selected and someone suggested pressing C for context .. eventually I got it working...

But about the FoxNews Plugin...

many of the top categories have a sub category called Latest
I would guess if available for that show it would list whats available for that show.

I was wondering if all of the shows on foxnews and fox business could be compiled into a complete Latest List

that would list every video from all the shows as they were posted

Then you could watch them all in a playlist.. maybe 60 or more new clips a day
and then those still available from the day before.

I am guessing it is more difficult than just returning what Fox lists on their site.
It would require reading each of the categories and seeing whats available
and then making your own list.

Unfortunately i don't know python .... i know php some..
maybe I will see if I can think of any or find some code to do this.
(2015-05-04, 05:51)ZippyTheChicken Wrote: many of the top categories have a sub category called Latest
I would guess if available for that show it would list whats available for that show.

I was wondering if all of the shows on foxnews and fox business could be compiled into a complete Latest List

that would list every video from all the shows as they were posted

A consolidated addon list function would be a slow function and difficult to maintain. Knowing what is to be put on the consolidated list would require either a database or lots of logic and a copy of the previous list.

This is probably not something that I'll be adding to the addon.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Fox News Video0