• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Fox News Video
Is anybody else having trouble with the Fox News add-in? For the last couple of days, I can't get any of the "Shows" to open, I get a Script Error...

If no one else is having trouble, I'll assume it's my system...

Thanks in advance,

- Hamilton
I did a quick test and everything is still working for me.
Yeah, it's weird... most everything works except some of the Shows (Special Report for instance) if I try to watch the latest videos from that show, I get a script error.
(2015-06-07, 23:47)HMcWhorter Wrote: Yeah, it's weird... most everything works except some of the Shows (Special Report for instance) if I try to watch the latest videos from that show, I get a script error.

Version V4.0.4 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.fox.news/

I think this fixes the issue you are having though I find it strange it wasn't happening all the time. I also added the ability to set views in addon settings.
I love this addin. Any idea why the first 100 days or waters world does not appear in the list?

Thanks

John
Hi learningit,

thanks a lot for your awesome foxnews plugin.

I came here to ask you if it's possible to add the live stream #sp=watch-live.
I tried to add the URL in setup.py manually using
add_dir('%s - %s' % (__language__(30000),__language__(30002)), 'http://video.foxnews.com/#watch-live', icon, 'get_sub_cat')
but it's causing a crash.

kind regards, JetAime
(2017-03-03, 22:13)JetAime Wrote: Hi learningit,

thanks a lot for your awesome foxnews plugin.

I came here to ask you if it's possible to add the live stream #sp=watch-live.
I tried to add the URL in setup.py manually using
add_dir('%s - %s' % (__language__(30000),__language__(30002)), 'http://video.foxnews.com/#watch-live', icon, 'get_sub_cat')
but it's causing a crash.

kind regards, JetAime

The live feeds, to the best of my knowledge, require a valid cable ID. I have an add-on that works, but only for an Optimum Cable ID at present.
The authentication process is geo-locked so this will not work outside the US and possibly not outside the Cable Provider's area.
Hello Learningit, thanks for your GREAT addon that I use everyday. How long this addon has not been updated?
Also I want to know if its possible to re-order and re arrange categories. I would like a faster access to the latest videos.
Thanks
(2017-07-23, 16:53)grendizer Wrote: Hello Learningit, thanks for your GREAT addon that I use everyday. How long this addon has not been updated?
Also I want to know if its possible to re-order and re arrange categories. I would like a faster access to the latest videos.
Thanks

It hasn't been updated in a quite a bit. I'm not sure what you mean by re-ordering categories. The add-on basically follows the website presentation, sort of.
You can always add a particular category to favorites (or even better the Super Favorites add-on) to let you have quick access.
The Fox News addon broke today. The fix is very simple but this add-on hasn't been updated in years and needs a huge rewrite to allow it to be in the kodi.org repo.
That will take some time.
The Fox add on is great and I hope that some time is not too distant future as we miss it a lot already!
Thanks
John
(2017-11-08, 00:10)learningit Wrote: The Fox News addon broke today. The fix is very simple but this add-on hasn't been updated in years and needs a huge rewrite to allow it to be in the kodi.org repo.
That will take some time.

Hopefully, you will just apply the fix and get the addon working quickly rather than having us wait for the rewrite. It is a great addon that I use everyday to stay up to date. I don't have the time or inclination to watch the shows live, so your addon is the PERFECT solution! Please get us up and running again.
Yes, I have been wondering about this, is the fix something we could do while (hopefully) the add-on is updated? This is the one add-on I use pretty much every day.
Just would like to chime in that this great add-on has now failed on both my NVIDIA Shield and Raspberry Pi 3. It shows the current shows/segments but none of them work.

By far my go to app on KODI.
My Fox News Add-on quit working a couple days ago and also many other Kodi Add-ons suddenly not working.
I am in New Zealand - maybe Kodi now blocking by geographic area ??
HELP!!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Fox News Video0