"Subtitlesfolder"
In the settings you can show a specefic subtitle folder where the XBMC shuld check for the subtiltles if you don´t like to have them in main movie/series folder i guss, however its a relly nice feature and i like it but something is missing, it shuld be possibel to read subfolders like if i have like exampel under however the srt files are not that big even if you have 1000 of them. It shuld not take long time to check them all, and if you have it categorys it can always read it from the folder-name to find it faster

Quote:Subtitles/Series/House/Season01/Dr.House.S01E01.DVDRip.XviD-F2L.srt

Mvh Anton

Any suggestions or comments?

Quote:BTW for the whole XBMC team that work on the site, nice new layout Smile
'it should not' -> with that tone of voice i have only one answer;

prove it then!
Am i the only one confused by what the suggestion is. Do you mean you should have the subtitle search use the same directory structure as your video file folder structure? That is a lot of time and work just to duplicate the directory structure. It could be done by first analyzing the path the video file is located at, and then substituting the primary folder with another... but hell, like you said the files aren't that big so what is the problem with having all the srt files in a single folder?
Numus Wrote:Am i the only one confused by what the suggestion is. Do you mean you should have the subtitle search use the same directory structure as your video file folder structure? That is a lot of time and work just to duplicate the directory structure. It could be done by first analyzing the path the video file is located at, and then substituting the primary folder with another... but hell, like you said the files aren't that big so what is the problem with having all the srt files in a single folder?

Thats not the point the point are to have some structur over the subfiles if you have 1TiB series it be easy a mess whit all subfiles and alot of XviD on that also.... It was from the view i thinked

And whit the long time i mean if its stored in subfolders not in 1 mainfolder
antonstarlid Wrote:Thats not the point the point are to have some structur over the subfiles if you have 1TiB series it be easy a mess whit all subfiles and alot of XviD on that also.... It was from the view i thinked

And whit the long time i mean if its stored in subfolders not in 1 mainfolder

Blech.. Don't use TiB.. that stuff scares me...
I am not trying to insult it or anything.. just curious what exactly you mean.. I honestly don't understand what you are requesting and that is why i made my post. Currently you have 2 options
Store the SRT file in the same folder as the video file it is tied to, or store all SRT files in a single folder and the script automatically searches that folder when the video is played (or references it in the db when it is scanned into the library i believe). What you are proposing i believe is to have a parallel folder structure, only 1 set belonging to the video files and 1 set belonging to the subfolder files.. That way when XBMC opens /video/TV/House M.D./season 1/episode1.avi it automatically knows the srt is in /subtitle/TV/House M.D./season1/episode1.srt ...
I don't see much of an improvement from that over having all srt files in a single folder. Is there any advantage you would see to redesigning it?
Numus Wrote:Blech.. Don't use TiB.. that stuff scares me...
I am not trying to insult it or anything.. just curious what exactly you mean.. I honestly don't understand what you are requesting and that is why i made my post. Currently you have 2 options
Store the SRT file in the same folder as the video file it is tied to, or store all SRT files in a single folder and the script automatically searches that folder when the video is played (or references it in the db when it is scanned into the library i believe). What you are proposing i believe is to have a parallel folder structure, only 1 set belonging to the video files and 1 set belonging to the subfolder files.. That way when XBMC opens /video/TV/House M.D./season 1/episode1.avi it automatically knows the srt is in /subtitle/TV/House M.D./season1/episode1.srt ...
I don't see much of an improvement from that over having all srt files in a single folder. Is there any advantage you would see to redesigning it?

Its cuz if you have alot of movies you maybe wuld like to have your srt files sorted. If you have 10,000 it can be hard to know witch one is witch and other things so it alot more easyer if them was sorted and culd be in subfolders in the root folder of the subtitles. See the exampel above first is how it is today the other one how it culd be, and also remember in this exampel you see witch name the subfiles have and what serie it is. Far from all are that way almost everytime you never know what it is

Quote:Series/House/Season01/Dr.House.S01E01.DVDRip.XviD-F2L.avi
Subtitles/Dr.House.S01E01.DVDRip.XviD-F2L.srt
Quote:Series/House/Season01/Dr.House.S01E01.DVDRip.XviD-F2L.avi
Subtitles/House/Season01/Dr.House.S01E01.DVDRip.XviD-F2L.srt
What might be usefull is an advanced setting for regex matching tv episodes and subtitles. Someting like the advandced setting for movie stacking you could have an advanced setting for matching subtitles
frotsen Wrote:What might be usefull is an advanced setting for regex matching tv episodes and subtitles. Someting like the advandced setting for movie stacking you could have an advanced setting for matching subtitles

Yeh but it wuld not be that complicated. If you just have same folder structur as you have on the structur where the movies is it wuld always be found anyways.

Can be done any many ways but ether way it wuld be nice to have some way to have it all sorted, don´t you think?
antonstarlid Wrote:Yeh but it wuld not be that complicated. If you just have same folder structur as you have on the structur where the movies is it wuld always be found anyways.

Can be done any many ways but ether way it wuld be nice to have some way to have it all sorted, don´t you think?

With so many options in sources (local folders, multipath, different network protocols, path that appear in more than one source...) "just the same folder structure" can be overwhelmingly complex to implement and make it work in the whole XBMC structure. Maybe it is easier to keep it in a folder but renaming the file to the hash name of the video file and appending a numeral or suffix(es) when needed (the same video file can have lots of subtitles: different languages, different versions, for deaf people, only forced subs, for commentary audio track...)
Still the easiest and most flexible would be an advanced setting for matching subtitles with the use of regual expression. The most commen way to store subs is either in the same catalog as the movie/tv episode or have one folder for em all.

For instance with tv episodes its seldom that the tv episode name and the sub name have the exact same name. With regex you could then match the sub to a given tv epsiode and you didnt have to manually browse for it. Would atleast spare me a good amount of time
frotsen Wrote:Still the easiest and most flexible would be an advanced setting for matching subtitles with the use of regual expression. The most commen way to store subs is either in the same catalog as the movie/tv episode or have one folder for em all.

For instance with tv episodes its seldom that the tv episode name and the sub name have the exact same name. With regex you could then match the sub to a given tv epsiode and you didnt have to manually browse for it. Would atleast spare me a good amount of time

Yeh you culd do it in alots of ways... The question is if someone wuld like the same thing, another way to slove this one is to have the srt files names connected to the folder wehere to movies is stored. That wuld also work

Quote:Movies/F/Forest.Gump/F.G.XviD.avi
Quote:Subtitles/Movies/Forest.Gump.srt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Subtitlesfolder"0