if i am in database trouble
.. what do i need to remove to reset xbmc to be a "virgin" again (for databases, not the whole xbmc)? meaning like it has never seen any movie/poster/tvshow/thumb -

just the contents of the Thumbnails dir and the database file?

and: maybe someone knows what's the problem. i had this twice until today: if i go to tv shows, selecting a show with i.e. 2 seasons, there is no poster for both seasons and no fanart (although i have supplied them due to scraping). now i hit "I" to bring up the info window - i can see the assigned poster thumb and the fanart. next i hit reload. this will bring back the thumb and the fanart for the current season.
now i focus the 2nd one, bring up the info window and hit reload - i will get thumb and fanart for this season - and now the confusing issue arises: the thumb and fanart for the previous season i've just added due to reloading dissapears again!

even if i quit xbmc and restart, there will be always one season that HAS thumb and fanart, the other doesn't. everytime i refresh one, the images for the other one drop. this even happens on pm3 HD so it's surely not a skin problem.

any ideas?

fun is also: if i go to file mode, and reload them, they both appear. as soon as i try to do the same from info window in the library, the above will happen again.
cheers,azido :;):
What OS are you using ?

User data is stored:-
In linux, ~/.xbmc
In windows, %appdata%\xbmc .. if using profile mode or else program files\xbmc
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
CrashX Wrote:What OS are you using ?

User data is stored:-
In linux, ~/.xbmc
In windows, %appdata%\xbmc .. if using profile mode or else program files\xbmc

sorry, forgot to mention: i'm on windows. but: i know where the user data is, i just want to know which files i have to remove in order to reset the databases - not the whole xbmc.
UserData\Database\MyVideos34.db
Waffa Wrote:UserData\Database\MyVideos34.db

Wink

ok, let's be more specfic: beside the database files and the thumbnails directory - is there anything else stored regarding to the movie & tv show database inside the xbmc userdata?
edit:

nothing else.
Waffa Wrote:edit:

nothing else.

good Big Grin

ever experienced that trouble above?
nope.
what about the cache dir inside xbmc?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help