• 16(current)
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live
(2012-04-02, 20:52)skweezer Wrote: How did you mange to fix this ? I can get it to connect however the nothing else. Buttons dont do anything.

I managed to fix it by following the instructions in the thread I linked to above. Did you try those instructions?
(2012-04-02, 22:36)alexpigment Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 20:52)skweezer Wrote: How did you mange to fix this ? I can get it to connect however the nothing else. Buttons dont do anything.

I managed to fix it by following the instructions in the thread I linked to above. Did you try those instructions?

Yes, did you have to change the keymap.xml ? ?
(2012-04-02, 22:40)skweezer Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 22:36)alexpigment Wrote:

Yes, did you have to change the keymap.xml ? ?

Nope. I was hoping to get a response back from Draggy in that thread, but I haven't heard anything. I messed a little bit with the various keymap files, but didn't find a way to get the old button behavior back. I didn't edit the actual keymap.xml because I have 3 input devices (Harmony Remote, Wireless keyboard, Xbox 360 remote) and I don't want to compromise the first two for the latter.
Well, cant get any response from the controller, just that it connects. Was working fine in dharma. Oh well// i'll keep my eye on this thread just incase someone else finds a solution.
Gotcha. Well, I guess if you're running a fresh install of XBMCbuntu Eden, I can't think of any reason it shouldn't work. If you hadn't tried already, I'd give that tutorial from josephdyland another try just in case.

If that doesn't work, I'd guess that there's a problem with the script being pointed to the example file. If you type the following, do you see text?

sudo nano /usr/share/doc/xboxdrv/examples/xbmc.xboxdrv
Its just an empty file. Confused
if that's the case, it looks like driver didn't get fully downloaded/installed. try this step again:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:grumbel/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xboxdrv
Hey guys,

I'm running into the following problem at the moment:

I Installed the latest xbmcuntu and am now trying to get it to work with my wired xbox360 controller so I installed xboxdrv.

when i test the driver with the following command (putty ssh login)

Code:
xboxdrv -v --no-uinput

i get a nice return of inputspam, so my conclusion was that it is working properly. However when I go to my xbmc it does not recognize the input and mocks me be doing nothing Sad

Is there a setting that i have overlooked or did i skip a step in the install process?

EDIT:

When i run the command
Code:
xboxdrv --usb-debug

I get
Code:
Controller:        Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
Vendor/Product:    045e:028e
USB Path:          002:005
Controller Type:   Xbox360

-- [ ERROR ] ------------------------------------------------------
Error couldn't claim the USB interface: LIBUSB_ERROR_BUSY

This might be irrelevant, but i guessed i might aswell post it.

EDIT2:

Ok guys, it is "fixed". The problem was related to the crashing of XBMCBuntu (Eden) on playback. A problem i discovered later than the one described here.

When trying to fix the latter by doing a remove on .asoundrc in the home folder (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126485) i magically gained the controls of my xboxcontroller in xbmc.

Hope this will help others with the same problem.

OK sorry guys, I'm back with what is actually the same problem Sad

In my previous post i thought i had fixed the unresponvieness of my controller in XBMCBuntu by what was a coincidence. But after 2 days more of trying to figuring out what the real problem is, i give up.

Summary of my problem:

- XBMCBuntu - Eden release
- Acer Revo 6310 system
- Standard xbox360 wired controller, with xboxdrv.

Getting response of said controller when running
Code:
xboxdrv -v --no-uinput

Controller has worked in same install without touching anything in XBMC. But slips back into nonresponse mode after unknown events / system reboots.

I have tried playing with xboxdrv in the CL and searching on all xbmc related forums in hope to find a solution but it seems everything works as it should, except inside XBMC.

Does anyone experience the same in the Eden release? I'd love some help and/or discussing this problem. Because i want to use my controller Sad

Hey guys, I don't want to seem impatient, but is there any other place i could post this issue that would maybe get some discussion/problem solving going?

I really would like my controller back Sad
Are you loading the xboxdrv BEFORE running XBMC? XBMC won't recognize the controller if the driver isn't present when XBMC starts.
(2012-06-14, 14:13)SwedishGojira Wrote: Are you loading the xboxdrv BEFORE running XBMC? XBMC won't recognize the controller if the driver isn't present when XBMC starts.

Thanks for helping,

How do i make sure it is loaded BEFORE xbmc is called? I have a limited amount of linux knowledge and i'm not sure how to check if this is happening.
Can't really help you out there. I don't know how Xbmcbuntu starts XBMC.
I just added the driver to my initscript that starts XBMC on my machine to get it working.

My guess would be that Xbmcbuntu starts XBMC at login and then proceed to start other services like xbmcdrv.
At least I think it's already running on your machine, and thats why you get the message "Error couldn't claim the USB interface: LIBUSB_ERROR_BUSY" since it is already being used by Xboxdrv.

You could try to reload Xbmc manually via the terminal after it has started up once.
Try the command "sudo /etc/init.d/lxdm restart" (or "sudo /etc/init.d/lxdm stop" and then "sudo /etc/init.d/lxdm start" if the previous command didn't work). That way the xboxdrv is already loaded when Xbmc starts up a second time.
godjuh,

To make the driver start up before XBMC, you can edit the rc.local file, which is mentioned in the instructions on the first post in this thread, as well as in the following thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98824

Just follow the steps in the link above and it should work. There are more steps than just installing xboxdrv.
Thanks SwedishGojira & alexpigment,

It seems to work after I 'exit' xbmc into ubuntu and then login to start xbmc again. Sadly enough, I had already taken the steps from alex' link, but i must have done something wrong. Sad

I will retrace the steps and hopefully it will just work without the exiting.

• 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live1