• 4(current)
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live
i use a wireless xbox360 controller on lucid lynx with xboxdrv.
if you like i can post my keymap, the actual button and axis # interpretations in xbmc and my rc.local (xboxdrv command line)

my keymap matches the original xbox controller layout pretty closely. the left thumbstick doesn't do anything except when you click it (screenshot function) which i believe is what it was like on the original xbox layout.. <shrug>

either way, i'm confident that if you wanted to map it to something, there should be no issue.
Hi bobb0,

Please do post your files. It would help a lot. Thanks in advance!
What tranalbert said. Also, what axis is it on?

What is rc.local, btw?
Here you go:

http://pastebin.com/eNA6MttK - button and axis numbers
http://pastebin.com/rsL6JyCY - joystick keymap xml
http://pastebin.com/n9ag4u0G - rc.local
MrDamnation Wrote:What is rc.local, btw?

rc.local is located in /etc/rc.local and is the last script that runs when your computers boots up.
Wow, thank you so much. I was right, it is axis 2, lol. I'll give this a whirl when I get back home in a few days.
i also agree this works perfectly ... it should get added to the XCI script to further simplify adding a xbox360 controller to a minimal xbmc setup Smile

(or even better it should get built into xbmc by default, it is called XBOX media center Wink)
GOD DAMNIT! I got rid of xboxdrv because I didn't know you could use the sticks I wanted, and now when I try to install it again, the script doesn't work. The last line (for jaunty.sh) doesn't work according to the README. I can't remember how I got it the first time, but it keeps telling me that the last line is a directory and doesn't know what to run.

Edit: You should really let people know they only need to download the live folder, and then cd to that directory while they are continuing. It got me twice.

Edit edit: I can't get the version of rc.local to work...I mean the cpu freq changes, but I can't run the daemon because I dont have it!

Edit x3: The L-Trigger STILL doesn't work!
MrDamnation Wrote:Edit edit: I can't get the version of rc.local to work...I mean the cpu freq changes, but I can't run the daemon because I dont have it!

xboxdrv-daemon.py comes in the xboxdrv source package in the tools folder. simply copy it to wherever you want to run it from and modify rc.local accordingly. i chose to copy mine to /usr/local/bin because that seems like the most logical place to me.

http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/xboxdrv/....0.tar.bz2

sidenote, it looks like grumbel has updated his source... time to recompile! yay! i wonder if the new ui-buttonmap option will allow me to map a special button combo to the x11-zap combo. that would emulate the "reset" function on the old xbox and be hella cool.

edit: it looks like grumbel now provides a binary-ppa as well. chances are he still distributes the daemon script. do a 'sudo updatedb' and then a 'locate xboxdrv-daemon.py' to find it.
plus, you don't -have- to use the daemon script.
i use it to achieve hot-plugability with the wireless adapter
it's not requisite.
first rule of pc troubleshooting, start with the basics and move forward from there.
bobb0 Wrote:xboxdrv-daemon.py comes in the xboxdrv source package in the tools folder. simply copy it to wherever you want to run it from and modify rc.local accordingly. i chose to copy mine to /usr/local/bin because that seems like the most logical place to me.

http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/xboxdrv/....0.tar.bz2

sidenote, it looks like grumbel has updated his source... time to recompile! yay! i wonder if the new ui-buttonmap option will allow me to map a special button combo to the x11-zap combo. that would emulate the "reset" function on the old xbox and be hella cool.

edit: it looks like grumbel now provides a binary-ppa as well. chances are he still distributes the daemon script. do a 'sudo updatedb' and then a 'locate xboxdrv-daemon.py' to find it.

I tried the PPA last night. It's locked (as in you need an account for it). I got the f'er compiled, and moved the two files into /usr/bin/local (cause I'm lazy like that) and the controller works...but I don't think xboxdrv is working. For one, it won't let me run the command 'xboxdrv'. Two, it doesn't work in XBMC. It works in ZSNES, but it might just be xpad working, not xboxdrv.

Could you help me?

I also can't install the thing because dispite the README, there is no install.sh that comes with it.

Also, is there a way to done-town the sensitivity of the analog sticks? I can see obviously thats why they don't use the left one, lol.
If you want to use xboxdrv you have to blacklist xpad
> add "blacklist xpad" to the end of /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

xboxdrv may need root access to the appropriate /dev/input/xxN device node which is why i run it from rc.local. if you want to run it on the command line for testing, don't forget to sudo.

once you have xboxdrv loaded (it will not terminate if it runs correctly) use another console window to run jstest (if you don't have it, install the joystick package)
with that you can see whether or not your joystick is being read properly.

since you are probably using xpad still, no there is no way to adjust sensitivity (well, there may be with the joystick utils)
with xboxdrv there is a deadzone parameter which works marvellously. another reason why i use xboxdrv.

original xbox didn't use the left analog stick for anything either afaik, i think it was just a matter of not having a need to assign anything to it Smile
Ok, I got it. It's kinda tricky. The rc.local file still doesn't work, but I think it's because I need to add (modprobe uinput) before it works...do you know what I'd need to add to rc.local for that? What makes rc.local different than what I input at the terminal itself?
rc.local is the last script that gets run by the boot process. think of it as your autoexec.bat in DOS.

if you need to add a module that is not automatically loading on boot, add the module name (in this case uinput) to /etc/modules

although you can also add "modprobe uinput" to your rc.local which achieves the same thing.
Hey guys. I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I didn't see it in the last few pages while doing a quick scan. Is anyone here able to get more than 1 controller working at a time? I tried following the instructions on the main site (changing the wid and -i values), but each time I try anything I seem to break the driver. I'm back at square one now and hoping one of you guys knows where to go from here. I'm pasting my sh file which autoloads on startup

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# use the below line to make a lib/ dir :)
#export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/xbmc/lib

# if you use this line, make sure libboost_thread-mt.so.1.37.0 is in the same dir as this script.
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.
rmmod xpad
modprobe uinput
modprobe joydev
./xboxdrv-linux-0.4.8 --wid 0 -s -l 2 --dpad-as-button --deadzone 12000 --trigger-as-zaxis

Any ideas what I need to do? Here are the things I've tried:

1) Change --wid 0 to --wid 1
2) Step 1 plus -i 1
3) Added 4 lines, with wid incrementing in each (wid 0, wid 1, wid 2, wid 3)
4) Step 3 with -i incrementing in each (-i 0, -i 1, -i 2, -i 3)

I'll be the first to admit I'm a complete noob in the grand scheme of things. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I'm not sure which version of the xboxdrv I have, so if multiple controller support is fairly new, let me know and I'll try to update
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live1