cdArt not working with compilation albums
Hi, I love the new cdArt feature that this skin comes with and have been actively creating many PNG's for my collection. Is there a way for the cdArt to be loaded from the "Music Folder\Album Artist\Album" folder instead of the "Music Folder\Artist\Album" folder? My reason for this is that I have electronic mix cds that have many different tracks on them from different artists, but I still want to categorize it by the DJ.

Thanks!
nope, that's not possible in xbmc....
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
www.xbmcstuff.com will soon be hosting CdArts. Please make sure to upload all the ones you've created once it's all up an running.
the wiki says XBMC reads the album artist tag, so it should be possible.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Preparing_yo...le_Artists
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
flipped cracker Wrote:the wiki says XBMC reads the album artist tag, so it should be possible.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Preparing_yo...le_Artists

storing the info in the database is one thing, but making it available to the skin is another. ;-)

so still, nope, it can't be done.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Gosh, that's a bummer. Any way to make a work around for this? Like maybe tell the skin there's 2 music folders: one that's your normal music folder (So I can keep my "Music\Album Artist\Album" structure), and a second one that has fake folders that would be for the compilation albums that just have album art in them?

For now I've created a bunch of hidden folders in an "Music\Artist\Album" format but it seems like a waste of space to create 10-20 folders just for one cd.
xxcspotxx Wrote:Gosh, that's a bummer. Any way to make a work around for this? Like maybe tell the skin there's 2 music folders: one that's your normal music folder (So I can keep my "Music\Album Artist\Album" structure), and a second one that has fake folders that would be for the compilation albums that just have album art in them?

For now I've created a bunch of hidden folders in an "Music\Artist\Album" format but it seems like a waste of space to create 10-20 folders just for one cd.

it should possible to use Music\Album, so you'll only have to create one folder for every album.

make these changes in Includes_Workarounds.xml, at the top of the file replace the two occurrences of
$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[musicplayer.artist]/$INFO[musicplayer.album]/cdart.png
with:
$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[musicplayer.album]/cdart.png
What exactly is the difference between cdart.png (?) and folder.jpg (which I use as album cover) and where is it shown in the skin?
stokedfish Wrote:What exactly is the difference between cdart.png (?) and folder.jpg (which I use as album cover) and where is it shown in the skin?

folder.jpg is used as the thumb in the skin, it can be anything, depending on in which section you are. when browsing movies it is used as the dvd cover, when browsing artists it is the artist picture and so on.

cdart.png is an image of the actual disk: http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l66/re...mview=grid
check the faq on how to enable it and on which pages it will be visible in the skin.
Aww, thanks. I knew that folder.jpg can is used for various things in Transparency!, just wasn't sure about cdart.png. So where is this shown in the skin? A screenshot would be cool! Smile
The option needs to be turned on in skin settings. Then it can be available on the "visualizations" window, or the home window when playing music. (as long as you have the correct files located with your music album)

http://xbmc.org/skins/transparency/3/
stokedfish Wrote:Aww, thanks. I knew that folder.jpg can is used for various things in Transparency!, just wasn't sure about cdart.png. So where is this shown in the skin? A screenshot would be cool! Smile

it took me three evenings in a row to create a video and you didn't watch it ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2RU8fu-fs8
look @ 1:45...
ronie Wrote:it should possible to use Music\Album, so you'll only have to create one folder for every album.

make these changes in Includes_Workarounds.xml, at the top of the file replace the two occurrences of
$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[musicplayer.artist]/$INFO[musicplayer.album]/cdart.png
with:
$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[musicplayer.album]/cdart.png

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, there's a few reasons why that won't work for my library. First, I have a few artists who have albums of the same name (e.g. "Greatest Hits") and secondly, I am pretty anal about the folder structure of my music collection and like the layout to group albums by artist.

Unless I hear anything new, I guess I'll just deal with the lack of cdArt for my DJ Mix CD's. I don't know much about how XBMC works, or even programming for that matter, but is it possible to add some way for the Album Artist info to be read by the skin to XBMC? I know the cdArt feature is not critical, but it's one of those cool bells and whistles that all my friends have thought to be really cool when I show them. I give my many thanks to those who have came up with this idea and made it happen.
xxcspotxx Wrote:I don't know much about how XBMC works, or even programming for that matter, but is it possible to add some way for the Album Artist info to be read by the skin to XBMC?

there might be...but it would involve abusing one of the id3 tag fields for this (i assume we are talking of mp3 files here).

xbmc reads several id3 tags and the 'comment' field is one of them. so if you copy the Album Artist info to this field it might work.

you would have to use this string in the skin:
$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[musicplayer.comment]/$INFO[musicplayer.album]/cdart.png

i'm not giving any guarantees though. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cdArt not working with compilation albums0