Metadata Icons
Is there a key to what the metadata icons mean? I can figure most of them but wanted to see a list to be sure.
here's a list of available icons:
- resolution (480p, 720p, 1080p...)
- aspect-ratio (4:3, 1.85:1, 16:9...)
- videocodec (divx, xvid, h.264, mpeg....)
- audiocodec (mpeg, mp3, dolby, dts...)
- source (DVD, Blu-Ray, HDTV....)
- rating (Rated R, etc...)
- subtitle available (CC)
- studio (film studio company logo)

did i miss any?...

in case you need clarification on one or more icons, just post a screenshot. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie... has anyone mentioned that you rock lately?

How does it know the source of the video (dvd, hdtv, blu-ray)?
Donzella Wrote:ronie... has anyone mentioned that you rock lately?

i believe it gets that info from the filename.
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
Donzella Wrote:How does it know the source of the video (dvd, hdtv, blu-ray)?

In my case, Im on XBOX platform, I have labelled my files as:

moviename - sddvd.xvid.avi
moviename - hdtv.xvid.avi

In Transperancy!, if you enable extract metadata through settings it will take a look at the file name and place the proper tags from the file name as in my above example.

In my case, I get all proper tags except for studio or the film rating. I still am trying to figure out how to get the studio tags to be displayed (I believe in a nfo with the file but have yet to see one created).
Donzella Wrote:ronie... has anyone mentioned that you rock lately?

flipped cracker Wrote:i believe it gets that info from the filename.

and if there's no tag in the filename, it guesses the source based on the resolution, file extension and type of video.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
grupy Wrote:In my case, I get all proper tags except for studio or the film rating. I still am trying to figure out how to get the studio tags to be displayed (I believe in a nfo with the file but have yet to see one created).

you'll have to use a scraper that supports it, like the imdb scraper.
i have no clue if other scrapers also fetch studio and mpaa information.
ronie Wrote:you'll have to use a scraper that supports it, like the imdb scraper.
i have no clue if other scrapers also fetch studio and mpaa information.

that makes sense as I used themoviedb.org as my scraper. I will try to re-scan my library to see if it makes a difference with IMDB scraper instead.

Thnx for the heads-up Nod
ronie Wrote:and if there's no tag in the filename, it guesses the source based on the resolution, file extension and type of video.

Ya, I have nothing in the file name but the name of the movie and it guessed pretty much right on throughout the library. This skin is so great. Mighty cool.
Donzella Wrote:Ya, I have nothing in the file name but the name of the movie and it guessed pretty much right on throughout the library. This skin is so great. Mighty cool.

yeah, i don't have any tags in my filenames either and i didn't want to rename everything,
so i figured out a way to display them anyway....although not 100% accurate in all cases.
ronie - on the subject of metadata icons are their ratios bound by XBMC coding restrictions - its just that of the ones that I have seen on my files, both the DD and dts 5.1 icons appear extremely distorted (squashed) - is there anything that can be done to redress this imbalance? and have them at the correct ratio,

Thanks
steelman1991 Wrote:ronie - on the subject of metadata icons are their ratios bound by XBMC coding restrictions - its just that of the ones that I have seen on my files, both the DD and dts 5.1 icons appear extremely distorted (squashed) - is there anything that can be done to redress this imbalance? and have them at the correct ratio,
Thanks

If the icons dont have proper ratio, you could simply google DD and DTS 5.1 images and just use PhotoShop to adjust and crop images to your liking and save them back to XBMC as PNG. I would just backup the existing files prior to copying over the new images.
Ah OK Grupy - I have the ingredients (icons and photoshop) - where should they be located after I prepare them and is there a maximum, minimum size for the graphic, or again is this restricted and resizrd by xbmc?
steelman1991 Wrote:Ah OK Grupy - I have the ingredients (icons and photoshop) - where should they be located after I prepare them and is there a maximum, minimum size for the graphic, or again is this restricted and resizrd by xbmc?

the images can be found at this location: Transparency!/images/flags/movies/audiocodec
if you want to edit them, just keep them at 161x109px and all should be fine.
To be honest, I dont know if XBMC does the resizing on studio icons for you or if Ronie incorporated it into his script. I would simply locate the png file and open it in PS to see the size of the icons set the do display proper ratio for you and resize your images to that specific size.

I would guess the files should be within Transperancy!\images folder ?!?!?

The files I would imagine are somewhere in the above path, I cant say for sure as Im at work but the files should be labelled properly so it should be easy to find if you just navigate within Transperancy! using FlashFXP or whatever platfrom your on

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metadata Icons0