Help me with VieraLink...
Hey guys,

Hopefully someone could help me with setting up a new TV to use VieraLink. It's a Panasonic TX-P54Z1 and it's connected to a Yamaha RX-V1064 amp. Both of these, apparently, are 'HDAVI Control 4' compliant.

So i've tried connecting the equipment a few ways - intuitively I initially connected the TV reciever box's HDMI out to HMDI1 on the amp, connected my equipment to the amp's other HDMI inputs, and finally connected the amp's HDMI out to the panel. This gave sound and picture for all channels and inputs, as expected, but VieraLink wasn't functional.

PS3 --\
TV_Receiver ---> Amp --> Panel
PC --/

I then read the manual in more depth, and it said to make VieraLink work I aught to connect the amp to HDMI2 on the tv receiver box. I did this, and moved the HDMI output of the tv receiver to go directly to the TV. This allowed VieraLink to control the amp's volume and standby state, however the Freesat, whilst giving a picture, didnt produce sound.

Amp --\
PS3 ---> TV_Receiver --> Panel
PC --/

I'm somewhat confused what to do next, as it is I can choose between having freesat working, or having VieraLink working, but not both! Should this be the case?

Help!

motd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help me with VieraLink...0