Can't see plugins (via add source)
Thumbs Up 
Sorry to trouble the reader with this, but I must emphasise this is NOT a case of me not reading the wiki guides and so forth. Although I may have misunderstood them.

I am running Ubuntu Jaunty, latest version of XBMC as of 29/08/09. i686 Architecture. Install method was the recommended format with PPA's I believe. You'll forgive my uncertainty as I have installed lots of stuff on my new machine and it's all very alien as I am also an Ubuntu noob.

I have set up plugin folders /usr/share/xbmc/plugins/video and /usr/share/xbmc/plugins/programs. When I follow the conventional wisdom there is absolutely no sign of "Video Plugins" as I am informed there will be. The plugin is present and correct within the folder, for example I have iplayer and game trailers. Both have the necessary default.pny in order to register.

My skin is Aero. I have also attempted to browse to them under PM3, with no joy. It makes me sad because I am otherwise in love with XBMC, it's pretty as hell and dead powerful but knowing that I could be enjoying iplayer through it is very upsetting.

My apologies if I have missed something profoundly obvious but I have read the wiki, watched the youtube vids and searched the forum to no avail. Please help!!!Blush
I guess you missed this part of the wiki?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_insta...irectories
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
No, I have read that part so many times I know it off by heart! The plugins were located as described above, which I took to be the guidance of that wiki.

I was assuming that "~" represented an abbreviation and that it intended for my plugin folder to be in my existing xbmc directory, which again based on above post it is. But it then occurred to me that maybe, it should be purely /.xbmc/plugins etc, it's own separate folder. Which I also tried just now and it still didn't work!

Seriously, read that thing back to front, don't where I'm going wrong. Should the plugins still be contained within their folder or just have the files floating about within the relevant folder (ie atm I have plugins/video/IPlayer, should it be plugins/video and then the files without the folder?)

I don't have the repo installer under favourites either, btw...

Sorry!
~ means your /home directory.
~/.xbmc/plugins/ is the actual path. Like badmoviesnbeer said ~ means home, similar to %HOMEPATH% on windows. Also note that the period before xbmc is significant. ~/xbmc is not the same as ~/.xbmc.

it should be like ~/.xbmc/plugins/video/IPlayer/default.py

Hope this helps.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Like they sayed in previous posts its just under your home dir so if ur comps name is "laptop" for instance its under /laptop/.xbmc/plugins and so on. If you really can't find it you could try to turn on showing hidden files (if your skin has that option atleast i never used yours) Settings > Appearance > View options > Show hidden files and directories. hope that helps ^-^
Agh! Thanks guys, has been doing my nut in. Proper noob error that one. Many thanks for your help, plugins here I come!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't see plugins (via add source)0