For the main website to be successful...
I think updates would need to be at least daily. What do you think?
http://xbmc.org/contribute/suggest-a-story/
We're working to add as much news as possible, but alas there's not always something to write about. As AlTheKiller pointed out... if we missed something, tell us.

TheUni
That's a nice idea. I hope to be able to contribute in the future.

But I'm wondering, is the homepage going to be kept "in the dark" where cutting edge developments are concerned? For instance, there's no news about DirectX rendering having been implemented.

Being a journalist I think that's news fodder, but it definitely depends on the purpose you want the homepage to fullfill.
News will be there as soon as it's ready. It's not currently ready Smile

The idea is certainly to post about new stuff (and the progress towards new stuff) but ofcourse there needs to be some progress to post about first!

There was a story earlier about the DirectX branch being worked on. Once things are stabilized in SVN and we're ready for people to give it a go, we'll post about the progress.

Note that a LOT more broke in the merge than was initially anticipated, so it's taking a while to clean it all up and get things back to a working state.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to also post about stuff that are asked a lot in the forums. Like for example recently when the apple trailers plugin broke due to changes made by apple. Just a short note on the first page would probably save lot of unnecessary forum posts.

Maybe also have stuff like "Did you know..." or "Tips" that newer users possibly don´t know about.

Btw. Nice redesign of the homepage. Smile
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
For the main website to be successful...0