Various Problems with XBMC Live
Question 
This is a new installation of XBMC Live and my data is across a wired LAN, the data on Windows XP system with a Phenom Quad-Core cpu and 4GB RAM.

Often, I will boot XBMC and then menu comes up. I can select something and it will lock up or I get a long line of code that repeats infinitely down the screen. I reboot and it seems to work next time.

If I start a video, it will be jerky and the audio is off until I restart it. This happens 100% of the time. First time, it's bad, start it two seconds later, it's smooth for the entire video and the audio is in sync.

Sometimes the screen calibration resets itself to a very small portion on the screen, the lower-right angle bracket in the "Video Calibration" screen will have moved by itself to around the center of my TV.

Most videos I get do not have audio unless I reconvert them. Is the Live version missing some common codecs? If so, how do I add them and how do I know which are missing?

Here is my latest log:

http://bf1942.ath.cx/xbmc.log

The version is listed as:

XBMC 9.04.1 r20654 (Compiled: May 25, 2009)

I just downloaded this, but this date seems to be rather old. Did I get an old, buggy version?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Various Problems with XBMC Live0