[XBOX]All the sudden, my xbox wont connect to my network?
Never had any probs with connecting thru dhcp to my home network and to the internet, but now all the sudden it wont work. Huh

Is there any (easy) trobleshooting documents out there u recommend? Google is not my friend.. No

THANKS a lot...
Start out by looking around the back of the console at the NIC, where the ethernet cable connects. Is that lighting up?
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Oddly enough I had the same thing...All of the sudden I couldn't see anything like my Ethernet cable was unplugged.

Maybe something fluky was up but what I did was:
1. I was was using the Operation 3.5 skin
2. Always switch to PM3 when troubleshooting
3. Restarted and everything was fine
4. Switched back to skin I was using
5. Everything still was fine

No clue why that worked or maybe it was just a coincidence.
Bomb Bloke Wrote:Start out by looking around the back of the console at the NIC, where the ethernet cable connects. Is that lighting up?

yeah, i can connect to my box with static ip but dhcp wont work.. donno whats wrong Sad
Ah, so DHCP is the only problem?

Have you tried rebooting the DHCP server system?

Does the DHCP server expect the console to be using a specific MAC address (if you're not sure, then that's likely a "no")?
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Bomb Bloke Wrote:Ah, so DHCP is the only problem?

Have you tried rebooting the DHCP server system?

Does the DHCP server expect the console to be using a specific MAC address (if you're not sure, then that's likely a "no")?

i have not, how do i do that? thanks a lot for your help!
Usually the DHCP server is running on the router you have on your network. Do you have PCs on your network that are getting their settings through DHCP ok?

I guess since you are saying you can access Xbox through IP you have changed the Network Settings in XBMC to assign a manual IP - try switching back to automatic, see how it goes.

Lets get a debug log.
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=HOW-TO_S...Bug_Report
it works again, weird.. restarded my apple comp. and my modem..

thanks anyway!
Happens to me once a month.. Have to restart my primary router, client bridge router, ethernet to wireless adapter and all my computers and xboxs... Usually it is because my stupid v6 and v8 wrt54g routers run out of memory and start causing problems...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX]All the sudden, my xbox wont connect to my network?0