[LINUX] Motorized satellite: anyone tried that?
Question 
Hi there,

I was a very satisfied user of XBMC on the XBOX until recently, when the XBOX simply died (Christmas tree LED error, one of the worst).

I am based in Spain and have been joggling with DVB-T receiver, a DVB-S (motorised) receiver, the XBOX and a stand-alone PVR (Liteon with built-in HD). Now that the Xbox is "kaputt", I have also sold my old sat receiver, looking forward to a more integrated solution, such as a HTPC based on Linux.

I have read tons of documentation, but there is one single point that prevented me from going ahead: I am still not sure about the most reliable way of watching satellite channels (with a motorised antenna). I thought of having a Dreambox or something like that hooked to the XBMC, but would still prefer having just one "box", the HTPC (with XBMC as main software).

Has anyone achieved this? Building a HTPC with the XBMC and "..." (not sure which other piece of software) so that you can watch and record satellite programs, digital terrestrial programs, etc.?

I would also consider buying 2 devices, if building a HTPC from scratch is too complicated (due to the motorized thing).

Do you have any other advice? I also considered tvheadend, but still lacks support for motorized antennas...

Thanks a lot for your hints, I am really lost right now...

Marco

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Motorized satellite: anyone tried that?0