Zotac ION and HDMI flickering
So, after a couple of months of debating, I finally decided to build my XBMC box, using a Zotac ION/Atom board. Everything went beautifully until I moved the box into the next room and connected to the TV. Connected via HDMI, the screen cuts in and out about twice per second. When it is there, I can see XBMC like I expect. I'm really not sure what direction to take my troubleshooting next, and would love some advice.

Some particulars about what I have investigated so far:
-video over HDMI works 100% on my 22" monitor (1680*1050 60Hz)
-using an HDMI->DVI adapter and the DVI port on the Zotac yields the same flickering on the TV
-hooking the 22" via DVI and the TV via HDMI at once yields a normal picture on the 22" but the same flickering on the TV
-VSync is turned on in XBMC
-the flickering does not start until Ubuntu seems to be loading drivers. On power up, the Zotac splash screen through the Ubuntu loading screen appear normal. Once the loading screen disappears is when the problems start.
what is your nvidia-driver?
what is the brand of your tv?
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
I'm using the 185.18.36 Linux ION drivers from NVidia's site, and the tv is a 32" 720p Dynex LCD, sorry but I don't have the exact model at the moment.

I'm really thinking this has to be related to the driver, as I booted up with the Jaunty live cd and there is no flickering at all.
why not installing a 190.xxx driver?
it works great in my setup (zotac ion 330 with hdmi).
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
Falchion Wrote:I'm using the 185.18.36 Linux ION drivers from NVidia's site, and the tv is a 32" 720p Dynex LCD, sorry but I don't have the exact model at the moment.

I'm really thinking this has to be related to the driver, as I booted up with the Jaunty live cd and there is no flickering at all.

Not sure it's drivers. I set up my HTPC using a LCD MOnitor via HDMI and everythign works. Swtich to my EMprex 32 LCD TV via HDMI I get flickering, sound is gone, resolution is screwed up.

Dont know how to fix this.

No
well it was definitely a driver issue, as a fresh install of jaunty and a reinstall of the latest drivers fixed the issue! Now on to HDMI audio and lirc...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ION and HDMI flickering0