ABC iView Plugin
Hi all, my first post here..

I softmodded, hard drive upgraded and installed xbmc (SVN23807 nightly binary from xbmcsvn.com) to an xbox on the weekend and installed the iView plugin and the Connected Skin (seems to be the easiest to read from distance on a 68cm CRT).

The xbmc is for my parents so I can only play around with it when I'm at their place.. they're connected with Adam Internet which has unmetered iView.

The plugin works and I can stream video BUT only for a short period before, I presume, the initially downloaded buffer is exhausted.
I have increased all the buffer sizes in the xbmc settings but it seems not to make any difference to the stop point of the streamed video.

The connection syncs at 8000mbps and I have no problem watching iView on a PC.
It also may not be a plugin prolem at all... I'm not 100% confident in the stability of the WiFi connection I currently have to the xbox.. Still working on that. So that could be the issue!

Is buffer refill a known bug with version 0.4 (I can't find any bug tracker for the plugin) or is it exclusive to my setup? (ie the current dodgy WiFi setup)

Steve
Scuba,

It looks like ABC have implemented some extra security that has broken the XBMC iView plugin. Andy talks about it here:
http://getsatisfaction.com/boxee/topics/...ly_1490458

So it looks like the iView plugin isn't going to work again any time soon which is a bit disappointing.
Ah Buggr!!
That explains it I guess.

Very disappointing because iView looks a million times better on SDTV than on a computer monitor..
It looks close to broadcast quality on the telly as opposed to the pixellated mess that appears on a monitor..
So the iView plugin is officially dead..
Is there a possibility that a self compiled xbmc could include a more recent version of RTMPdumper and thus reactivate the iView plugin?
Purely from a theoretical point of view of course!
This is quite frustrating.
Hulu and ABC now both using this SWF verification protocol.
I sure do up that an internet loaded with Computer Geeks can somehow manage to keep ahead of ABC and Hulu. Smile I wouldn't care quite so much except the Flash player plugin on Linux SUX!!
Sorry to post to an older thread, but is this plugin defunct now?

I have just recently found it, and have tried adding it to xbmc (both stable 9.11) and latest SVN.

On stable 9.11, it will show a list of the programs that can be watched, but when you click on the actual program, it does nothing.

With the latest SVN, the plugin doesnt show up at all, as it appears that the "plugins" directory is no longer used in favour of an "addons" directory which doesnt seem to see the iview information.

Would love to get this going if I could, has to be better using a plugin like this in xbmc rather than having to use a browser.

Cheers

Matt
I've been working on the iView plugin recently.

It seems that with the new upcoming 10.5 release of XBMC, we'll have SWFVerification support through libRTMP by default. This should solve a whole heap of trouble.

On the plugin side, I've make a few tweaks and it seems to be working really well.

We have a project site at:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-boxee-iview/

The front page will be have the latest updates, but for iView on XBMC (and Boxee) discussion, I'd recommend joining our mailing list at:
http://groups.google.com/group/xbmc-iview

cheers
I don't like bringing an old thread back to life, but it is directly related so I figured it is Ok this time.

is this plugin still working on the latest release?

I added it to my Openelec xbmc and it failed, but I don't know if it is just not compatible with OE or if its a defunct plugin.

Thanks
Use the one from bog's repo

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125746
Bogs repo doesn't work for me either. All the settings seem to be geared for a Windows based install and I'm using a linux distro (OpenELEC)

I get this error on Catch-Up TV AU's version

Code:
make_category_list (37) - Unable to Fetch Listing <urlopen error [Errno -2] Name or Service not known>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ABC iView Plugin0