• 34(current)
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
I'm in the same situation as ASROCK_XBMC...

I've tried a number of attempts, after reading the thread, but I can't get the Stable build installed on top of the 9.04 install as recommended in the step-by-step listed here.
Thanks for putting so much work into creating the script, unfortunately it is not working for me. I've spent my whole day trying to get this to work on my Asrock 330-HT. It looks like the repositories are not correctly installing xbmc. I'm getting errors like:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbmc: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed

I won't list out all the rest, but there's several.

Looks like I'll just go with a full desktop install and do all of this manually.

I'm installing over minimal install of 9.04 32-bit.
I just did another install to verify what OUTKASTED mentioned...

Yes, I noticed that it seems to be attempting to download several things that aren't at the URL's any longer.

The strange thing is that I'm installing on the JAUNTY mini-install, and many of the links are attempting to download KARMIC files. Is this intended?

Also, Denis, you mentioned that everyone else's stuff is changing, which is the reason for the problems. I completely understand that, and I agree the problem certainly does not appear to be with your script. What if there were a method of forcing the 9.04 install of XBMC, since the 9.11 is now a "Stable" release, right?

Thank you in advance,
-RKM
If all else fails I would recommend starting from scratch with XBMCbuntu. Not as straight forward as using #live but if you follow the steps you should end up with a fully working 330HT.

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=XBMCbunt...nal_Ubuntu
Whats is the advantages of using this installscript on a asrock 330 ion instead of using the xbmc live install?

Since this script didnt work I installed the xbmc live version and it worked perfectly on my asrock? Even my own remote worked flawlessly.
@stinkpuss - great link, thank you. Just to confirm, we're not using #live, but the Ubuntu install with the script in this thread, which is basically going through all of the items in the wiki link you mentioned.

@asrock_xbmc - I believe the purpose is to get audio *over* HDMI working, Power Resume, and support for other remotes (beyond what's built into 9.11). In my case, I just wanted to get audio over HDMI working and the USB-wake-resume. Let me know if you're saying 9.11 enables all of these out-of-the-box (it didn't in the past, my 9.04 installs never provided this functionality).

Thank you!
asrock_xbmc Wrote:Whats is the advantages of using this installscript on a asrock 330 ion instead of using the xbmc live install?

Since this script didnt work I installed the xbmc live version and it worked perfectly on my asrock? Even my own remote worked flawlessly.

XBMC live install all works perfectly? Even HDMI sound, sensors, mounting of external hdd's and even dvd-drive (do you see a DVD drive on filemanager when you boot with no media in drive e.g. tray empty) If so it must be magic.

The script installs Jaunty/Karmic ok'ish but needs a few tweaks to get it on track, I have resolved some of them on my forums topic (see my signature). Since flxfxp can script this stuff maybe he can take some of my research and integrate it. Well see what comes up.
stinkupuss Wrote:If all else fails I would recommend starting from scratch with XBMCbuntu. Not as straight forward as using #live but if you follow the steps you should end up with a fully working 330HT.

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=XBMCbunt...nal_Ubuntu

I would recommend it if it actually works. I tried it last week with Karmic and that installation too seems to fail.
XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
Installing XBMC on Ubuntu can't get easier than this!
Before posting error/feature questions regarding XBMScript, read THIS
Run as root. Don't be a pussy
I just tried a clean install on the 330; Jaunty 9.04. The log reports:
Quote:xbmc-live: Depends: XBMC-standalone (= 1:9.11-karmic1) but it not going to be installed

apt-get install xbmc reports the same thing on a couple xbmc- objects.

Anyone able to get Jaunty to work?

Looks like I'll try karmic as the only recent success stories are there...
X3lectric Wrote:XBMC live install all works perfectly? Even HDMI sound, sensors, mounting of external hdd's and even dvd-drive (do you see a DVD drive on filemanager when you boot with no media in drive e.g. tray empty) If so it must be magic.

The script installs Jaunty/Karmic ok'ish but needs a few tweaks to get it on track, I have resolved some of them on my forums topic (see my signature). Since flxfxp can script this stuff maybe he can take some of my research and integrate it. Well see what comes up.

I dont use hdmisound, about sensors I dont know, mounting external hds is nothing I do, I use SMB. Dvd-drive isnt something I use either.

But I guess ive found out why this script is usefull for some of you then Smile
And that is where issues start. Trying to accomodate everyones needs. I'm already getting a lot of questions via pm and email on Asrock 330 HT support. You see, I don't have that unit nor do I have the funds/interest to buy one. The only ways I can think of are that someone develops for this unit so that remote, wireless and all other stuff is working and explain me all the cli steps so I can incorporate it into XBMScript. The way is that I save donations to buy such a unit, which will take some time due to the fact that from the over 6000 downloads only a few people considered donating. So until one of those ways is completed i can't assure 330 HT support.

Dennis

p.s: about the xbmc-live requirement; xbmc-standalone is currently only published for karmic, not jaunty. Looking for a fix, as usual...
Well my forums topic (see my signature) should help the HT ppl since I have one.

Further more there's plenty of information on these forums about the HT and the normal 330.

As for the script it works in karmic except for the odd error with xbmc addons karmic source not being a found, Maybe because it doesnt exist for karmic in reality nor has it been replaced with incorporating it. So Jaunty sources have to be used.

Again script works ok flxfxp, your doing just fine IMO. great work mate.

I for one wouldn't expect flxfxp or anyone else to be supporting the endless questions. Specially via IM or PM... Thats like a full time job.
It sometimes feels like it Tongue
just installed the new xbmc live and tried xbmscript to setup the xbox remote
didn't work out that good Tongue
Is it possible to supply at least a bit more info? Besides, as mentioned earlier XBMScript only supports jaunty and karmic as beta...
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)5