XBMScript is a all-in-one solution for installing XBMC on your linux machine! Just install the Ubuntu 9.04 “Jaunty Jackalope” Minimal CD, download the script and you are all set!
* A complete solution for installing XBMC on Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
* Installs all necessary Nvidia drivers for silky smooth playback using VDPAU
* SVN XBMC packages for bleeding edge features
* Sets up and configures FTP and Samba (Windows File Sharing) at your givens paths
* Automatically install/update skins such as Auriga/Hitched/Showmix/Temmi2000/Alaska
* Configures your Asrock ION 330 for HDMI sound
* One-click installation of the Xbox DVD and Generic Infrared Remote
* Easily update the entire system and/or XBMScript
* Log errors and instantly upload them to pastebin.com
* Sony Bluetooth Remote support (Unique!)
* Easy to use menu
Still to be done:
* Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala support
* ATI GPU support
* Plus a lot more!
If you think you can help me out, contact me here or offer help in this thread.
It should work on the Zotac ION and Acer AspireRevo as well. However, I don't have these machines. Please inform me of the results.
Number of downloads: 6978 (number manually updated from my download statistics)
Number of donators: 7
List of people who have been awesome enough to donate (and thereby helped me buy bacon/beer):
You are free to modify this code in any way you like, as long as you give credit where due.
Do you like XBMScript? Buy me a beer!
Install the Ubuntu 9.04 “Jaunty Jackalope” Minimal CD and download XBMScript manually from above or use the following command on your linux box:
wget http://flx.me/script; chmod +x xbmscript.sh; sudo ./xbmscript.sh
XBMScript has only been tested under the user “xbmc”. Using a other username might cause some breakage! Please let me know if this is the case.
- PS3 Bluetooth Remote support! A very special thanks to walmis ([url=http://blueman-project.org/]blueman[/url] developer)
- Fixed minor bugs and redesigned the questions asked on installation
- Implemented logging support, writes logfiles in home dir
- Added option to automatically send logs to pastebin for easy examination
- Reworked Remote Installation menu, added Generic Infrared Remote support
- Added an interactive skin prompt for choosing skins
- Added Alaska and Aeon Temmi as choices
- First public release!
- Asrock ION 330 HDMI support
- FTP & Samba installation support
- Fixed Xbox DVD Remote installation
I would like to give a special shout out to:
walmis: for the ps3_pair program. Without him the ps3 remote pairing would be a lot more difficult! Be sure to check out http://blueman-project.org for the best bluetooth applet on GNOME!
kubax: for all the brainstorming and bluez headaches we shared together
ruff: ps3 remote powersaving and keymapping patches
cyberpark: for the original linux setup script
patkhoo: for his Aeon installation/update script, I hope you didnt mind that I took some parts from this