• 4(current)
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
Testing on a Asrock ION 330
Just reinstalled ubuntu and XBMC, and adjusted alsamixer like u said, so hopefully it should work now Smile
be sure to use the latest XBMScript of today, it contains logging support. Use option 12 to instantly upload the logs to pastebin.org. Provide me with the pastebin urls Smile
XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
Installing XBMC on Ubuntu can't get easier than this!
Before posting error/feature questions regarding XBMScript, read THIS
Run as root. Don't be a pussy
Starstream Wrote:Third my IR receiver (MS MCE USB) would not work, ran the Xbox DVD remote but nothing happens remote wise (works under XBMC Live). I used the none as suggested but also the Windows media center options & neither worked. However the win media center options did work when I tried out cryberparks script & his command line to setup lirc.
I've added Generic Infrared Remote Support. MCE USB should work now Smile
Thanks for this great automated script!

After having serveral installation this one finally gets the switching of refresh rates right without crashing every time.

I do have one problem and one question left. While booting I get a logo which should say (I suppose) "XBMC media center" but I only see the bottom part of it, the rest is black. I see a spinning wheel on top of it which indicates it's loading. Nothing big, was just wondering if it's fixable?

And when XBMC switches to 24Hz for 24p material, I do get some motion judder like if the refresh rate was wrong. Pressing the "z"-button shows me the movie is played at 24Hz, which should be good. But unfortunately not very nice to look at.
Hmmm only half is showing...here its working fine. Can you tell me a bit about your hardware?
KoosG Wrote:While booting I get a logo which should say (I suppose) "XBMC media center" but I only see the bottom part of it, the rest is black. I see a spinning wheel on top of it which indicates it's loading. Nothing big, was just wondering if it's fixable?

I can see the same here with that Mainboard: GA-E7AUM-DS2H, Onboard GeForce 9400
*deleted*
What about an option to pick the video driver?

I have an older nvidia card, I need the 173 driver. I'll try manually.

The rest is cool, keep up the great work.

Thanks,

Paul
nellor Wrote:I can see the same here with that Mainboard: GA-E7AUM-DS2H

I get the bottom half of the splash screen too.

I got an old Asus AV8X-x and an old FX 5200, works fine for simple divx and xvid.

I just don't have the correct video driver. Like I said in another post I'll have to change to the 173 Nvidia driver. I am getting the "Failed to load module "nv"" No driver available etc.
KoosG Wrote:Thanks for this great automated script!

After having serveral installation this one finally gets the switching of refresh rates right without crashing every time.

I do have one problem and one question left. While booting I get a logo which should say (I suppose) "XBMC media center" but I only see the bottom part of it, the rest is black. I see a spinning wheel on top of it which indicates it's loading. Nothing big, was just wondering if it's fixable?

And when XBMC switches to 24Hz for 24p material, I do get some motion judder like if the refresh rate was wrong. Pressing the "z"-button shows me the movie is played at 24Hz, which should be good. But unfortunately not very nice to look at.

I got the same issue, i see half of the logo aswell..

i am using the PoV mobo ION-MB330-1, 4GB internal.
flxfxp Wrote:Hmmm only half is showing...here its working fine. Can you tell me a bit about your hardware?

Yes sorry of course...

Asrock ION 330 with Microsoft MCE Remote via USB. Connected my Panasonic TX-42V10 Plasma with HDMI and my Pioneer Surround Receiver is connected with optical SPDIF.

But the logo is the least of my concerns, it's the incorrect fuctioning of 24Hz that's driving me crazy. I was using latest stable build but now I upgraded to SVN. The mode switching seems to work fine (unlike any other installation of XBMC that I've previously ran) but even when XBMC tell me it's playing a video at 24Hz, there is obvisous motion judder in camera pan scenes. So it's seems that the framerate still isn't correct. I played several MKV 24p Blu-Ray rips to test.
Ah yeah, only half of the logo shows up for me too, Ion D-E board...
KoosG Wrote:Yes sorry of course...

Asrock ION 330 with Microsoft MCE Remote via USB. Connected my Panasonic TX-42V10 Plasma with HDMI and my Pioneer Surround Receiver is connected with optical SPDIF.

But the logo is the least of my concerns, it's the incorrect fuctioning of 24Hz that's driving me crazy. I was using latest stable build but now I upgraded to SVN. The mode switching seems to work fine (unlike any other installation of XBMC that I've previously ran) but even when XBMC tell me it's playing a video at 24Hz, there is obvisous motion judder in camera pan scenes. So it's seems that the framerate still isn't correct. I played several MKV 24p Blu-Ray rips to test.

What video renderer are you using?
I'll also look into the "half-boot" problem, I dont have issues with my ion330 with this. Its hooked up to a Sanyo PLV-Z2000 beamer. Can someone do me a favor and create a thread about this in he linux help forum? Might get some more attention there.

Dennis
flxfxp Wrote:What video renderer are you using?

VDPAU (obviously).

But it found the solution!! I added the following line:

Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"

into "screen" section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf

I tried it before with the full Ubuntu with Gnome Desktop installation I previously ran but that wasn't with the latest SVN build and this is. So I guess it's a combination of the latest build with the above line added.

Thanks anyway for your support.
I'll go try the full Ubuntu Desktop installation again with SVN build since I prefer the Gnome Desktop for making some changes. (Major Linux noob! Wink)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)5