• 104(current)
Alaska development thread
chareos Wrote:I'm trying the latest version, and color schemes are quite something !

Just for now I'll stick to the white, default one.
I'd look forward a "night" theme with those gradients

Where the bright spot are shaped like an "A" rather than like a "\"

On a different matter,

Since we're playing on a cosmetic point here, may there be a chance to see more fontsets (bigger, massive) in a near future ?
That would really improve usability...

GREAT SKIN.

I love the night version, but when I look at that screen it's kinda amazing. It isn't that different, but the reflections looks much more awesome, you guys should replicate it Smile. Also, that gradient is very nice, but I can edit that myself I guess (filter.png).
Evanrich Wrote:still works fine for me. might be something in your upgrade...

Well, Playing movies works just fine.. Tv-shows however makes for a nice crash.. And i did a complede reinstall of xbmc.. And everything works in other skins.. But.. I guess.. Its just one of those things. Thanks for the feedback anyway Smile
GrimmVarg Wrote:Well, Playing movies works just fine.. Tv-shows however makes for a nice crash.. And i did a complede reinstall of xbmc.. And everything works in other skins.. But.. I guess.. Its just one of those things. Thanks for the feedback anyway Smile

check your xbmc.log doesn't sound skin related
Evanrich Wrote:I think it was just something didn't get grabbed or overwritten, becuase I checked the git download again and it seems fine.

Yup same here. I deleted the Alaska dir and copied new from git and it worked.
MrTourettes Wrote:Yup same here. I deleted the Alaska dir and copied new from git and it worked.

Happens to me once in a while...since this skin is a WIP, i know stuff could potentially get added, removed, etc...that doesn't necessarily get updated during an update if you just copy new files over, so I delete my alaska folder once every 2-3 weeks or so and clean install it...seems to iron out strange stuff like this.

PS: sorry if i came off like an ass earlier, wasn't intending that, just wondered if you'd seen my post about the same issue....that and theres been a rash of people not searching/reading stuff in other threads that's been driving me nuts lately Smile
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Hitcher Wrote:No problem, added.

How does this work with other skins because it sounds more like an XBMC issue to me?

This is how they look for me and I checked the colour files against the Git ones and they're the same.

Sorry for quoting the post with photos and all but I just wanna say that you've done a miraculous job on this skin/theme, as the contrast is killer, the colors match perfectly, it just looks superb.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
hikaricore Wrote:check your xbmc.log doesn't sound skin related

Yeah, I did, and the last thing in the log is
"18:33:01 T:3078842256 M:1392697344 WARNING: GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 12" Which happens on tv-shows using alaska but not in movies, and not under any other skin.. so.. Skin related is my best guess.. I also did a clean clone of Alaska.. :/
Are you running a recent svn?
Sorry if you've already said previously but I don't have time atm to go post digging. :p
hikaricore Wrote:Are you running a recent svn?
Sorry if you've already said previously but I don't have time atm to go post digging. :p

If you ment me im running 9.11~beta1-karmic2 on linux i386.
Idk what svn release that corresponds to but the skin states clearly on the first page that you will need a recent svn build.
I don't use packaged versions of xbmc anymore so I have no idea if the skin will work on that one or not.
You should probably see if there is an updated package available and try it if you're not comfortable compiling.
hikaricore Wrote:Idk what svn release that corresponds to but the skin states clearly on the first page that you will need a recent svn build.
I don't use packaged versions of xbmc anymore so I have no idea if the skin will work on that one or not.
You should probably see if there is an updated package available and try it if you're not comfortable compiling.

Built on Nov 23 2009 (SVN:Unknown), Its last update from the svn PPA, but I guess i should try to compile on my own then. :/
Should be new enough, could be something with your library being corrupt though.
I've not the foggiest tbh. Sorry.
efty.edge Wrote:Hi Hitcher,

iIfound a bug in your latest Alaska Version. When i create a Set of Movies, like 'Lord of the Rings', i see one LOTR Entry in the Movie Overview. When i click this one, the Submenu opens with the three single Movies. So far so good ...

But when i mark every one of the three LOTR Movies as watched, the watched Status is not shown in the Main Overview.

Hope you know what i mean.

Go on ...
Efty

I've actually been trying to figure this out in general. Could you point me to a thread, that way we don't clutter Alaska with XBMC issues?
Evanrich Wrote:Sorry for quoting the post with photos and all but I just wanna say that you've done a miraculous job on this skin/theme, as the contrast is killer, the colors match perfectly, it just looks superb.

And screenshots don't really give this skin justice as it looks even better live! To the peeps working on this, thank you and keep up the good work!
Thanks, but I can't take the credit for the Night theme.
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alaska development thread8