• 105(current)
Alaska development thread
Forgive me if I'm asking a noobish question, but I can't seem to figure out how to edit the movie information or change the thumbs/fanart with this skin. With other skins I could just right click (on my PC) the movie or TV Show to edit this info, but that's not the case with this skin. Any tips?
stabgotham Wrote:Forgive me if I'm asking a noobish question, but I can't seem to figure out how to edit the movie information or change the thumbs/fanart with this skin. With other skins I could just right click (on my PC) the movie or TV Show to edit this info, but that's not the case with this skin. Any tips?

select movie, press "C" on keyboard Select movie information ,press right arrow key to change thumb/fanart....you can also edit movie title there too.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
This skin is amazing! Thanks for sharing it!

I have some question, already searched on topic but didn't find any.

- On movie menu, with view type "files", is possible to see the cover on movie info. like is displayed on view type "poster" ?

- Is possible to have a background displayed on menu? Like aeon have. Fanart for movies, TV... so on. I mean, a full background picture and not only the small picture in menu.

- Is possible to add a icon for subs. A small icon to inform if the movie have subs ou not.

- Replace the poster for movies without poster. I mean, on movies without poster, we see a folder picture. can we change it? for a default no movie poster?

- on music menu, wille browsing songs, on my left i can see the album cover, but everytime i change track (up or down) the cover is refreshed. can't it load only one cover and no need to refresh it?!

- also on music menu, with "square" view, if i press "i" to show album info. i can not read, because its confused with background.

Sorry my bad english.
I'm loving this skin. keep you'r good working.

have a good day!
Question 
Hi Hitcher,

I noticed a little trouble with the font in uppercase accents. My language is French and there are many accents that are not capitalized. Here are some examples of bugs that I noted. Will it be possible to have the fonts for French?
Good Job for this skin, i love it Nod

*Sorry for my bad english (Google Traductor Laugh)

Thx !

zeus[x];445690 Wrote:- On movie menu, with view type "files", is possible to see the cover on movie info. like is displayed on view type "poster" ?
I thought I read that it was on the to do list

Quote:- Is possible to have a background displayed on menu? Like aeon have. Fanart for movies, TV... so on. I mean, a full background picture and not only the small picture in menu.

Possible yes, but I doubt they'd do it since it takes away from the Alaska look

Quote:Replace the poster for movies without poster. I mean, on movies without poster, we see a folder picture. can we change it? for a default no movie poster?

You can manually change it when on the movie information page by pressing right then click the option "get thumb"
Congrats on it coming out of the skin dev section, brilliant job, cheers!
Hitch, any xpr version of this yet? And is the darker theme available as well?
Several posts back there was a discussion and some sample movies on the home screen and the images changing not at the same time. I have the impression that the fade in that example is slower than on my pc. I don't mind the pictures changing at the same time, but how can I edit the files to fade slower? I like the slow look.

I searched for fade but it appears in quite a lot of the xml files.
First off I love this skin, hands down the best skin for the Xbox! XBMC is the best media center and its awesome on a computer but when you combine it with the xbox's gaming capabilities, a huge ass hard drive and this skin nothing tops it! It makes everyone go "WOW!"

That being said I seem to have lost my "record" button and I kinda like recording coast to coast am.. Can someone help me find it?
Another cool idea would be to add the playstation 3 effects. A dynamic color theme that will change during the year Smile
And can't we move this thread to the Alaska sub group under skins?
you're in !
Ok, I'll just try a last time to get any input on this, which I have narrowed down to being a skin/Alaska problem.

Now I'm runnin karmic koala, with the newest svn-PPA build of xbmc from (23 nov) and the newest pull form the Alaska git repo. Now, everything works fine in every other skin I have tried. But in alaska xbmc crashes when i try to run any tv-show. NOT regular films.

I have tried removing /home/user/.xbmc and regenerating the library, I have tried completely reinnstalling xbmc, and remove and reclone Alaska. Still the same thing happens.
The only thing in the log file is a complaint about
Code:
GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 12
and
Code:
WARNING: CreateFile, successfuly opened </home/anders/.xbmc/skin/Alaska/media/arrowupnf.png> instead of </home/anders/.xbmc/skin/Alaska/media/ArrowUpNF.png>
which happens a lot with different files. Also messages like this
Code:
WARNING: Skin has invalid include: Animation_FilesInfoSlide
appears.

Now I'm loving Alaska and dont want to go back to using Aeon since I'm on a Acer Revo and Aeon is a little bit laggy for my hardware. Does anybody have any idea whats going on?

I also put my crashlog her just in case. http://pastebin.com/m4c716d7a

Tank you

Anders
- On movie menu, with view type "files", is possible to see the cover on movie info. like is displayed on view type "poster" ?

To-Do.

- Is possible to have a background displayed on menu? Like aeon have. Fanart for movies, TV... so on. I mean, a full background picture and not only the small picture in menu.

There wont be any backgrounds officially for Home Style 1 as that's defeats the purpose of the windows but you can try Home Style 3.

- Is possible to add a icon for subs. A small icon to inform if the movie have subs ou not.

I don't know if this is possible in XBMC, do other skins do it?

- on music menu, wille browsing songs, on my left i can see the album cover, but everytime i change track (up or down) the cover is refreshed. can't it load only one cover and no need to refresh it?!

File view is due an overhaul soon.

- also on music menu, with "square" view, if i press "i" to show album info. i can not read, because its confused with background.

Fixed, thanks.
GrimmVarg Wrote:Ok, I'll just try a last time to get any input on this, which I have narrowed down to being a skin/Alaska problem.

Now I'm runnin karmic koala, with the newest svn-PPA build of xbmc from (23 nov) and the newest pull form the Alaska git repo. Now, everything works fine in every other skin I have tried. But in alaska xbmc crashes when i try to run any tv-show. NOT regular films.

I have tried removing /home/user/.xbmc and regenerating the library, I have tried completely reinnstalling xbmc, and remove and reclone Alaska. Still the same thing happens.
The only thing in the log file is a complaint about
Code:
GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 12
and
Code:
WARNING: CreateFile, successfuly opened </home/anders/.xbmc/skin/Alaska/media/arrowupnf.png> instead of </home/anders/.xbmc/skin/Alaska/media/ArrowUpNF.png>
which happens a lot with different files. Also messages like this
Code:
WARNING: Skin has invalid include: Animation_FilesInfoSlide
appears.

Now I'm loving Alaska and dont want to go back to using Aeon since I'm on a Acer Revo and Aeon is a little bit laggy for my hardware. Does anybody have any idea whats going on?

I also put my crashlog her just in case. http://pastebin.com/m4c716d7a

Tank you

Anders

Hi Anders.

How did you copy Alaska to your folders, it looks like all your filenames have been made lowercase ? Could that be the problem ?

Just a guess Smile
ynwa
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alaska development thread8