<control type="image">
<width>10</width>
<height>246</height>
<posx>351</posx>
<posy>47</posy>
<texture>home/homebacking.png</texture>
</control>
</include>

These Lines inside of Includes.xml are those surrounding clear square windows.
mcborzu Wrote:@nvaia

These Lines inside of Includes.xml are those surrounding clear square windows.

Thanks!
What would be the best pictures (fanart etc.) to choose for the main menu icons?

I mean, what should the dimensions be?

Right now I point the main menu "Movies" icon to my movie fanart folder, but it doesn't look very good (looks stretched or squashed or something).
At 720p they're 349x300 so I made mine 524x450 for 1080p.
I'm sure there is a quick fix for this, but I gotta sayI'm stumped. A few of my TV show thumbs are being displayed in banner style, which of course looks ridiculous (see below)

Seeing as how there isn't an option in the info section to change thumbs, is there a way to change these banners to poster view?
Switch to another skin and change them is all you can do at the moment.
Hitcher Wrote:Switch to another skin and change them is all you can do at the moment.

How does one go about changing the skin? The appearance menu seems to be unfinished. Sorry - noob here.

BTW Hitcher, I really hope you can get this skin polished up! It looks amazing. Work some of your magic! Smile
nvaia Wrote:I'm sure there is a quick fix for this, but I gotta sayI'm stumped. A few of my TV show thumbs are being displayed in banner style, which of course looks ridiculous (see below)

Seeing as how there isn't an option in the info section to change thumbs, is there a way to change these banners to poster view?

off-topic: how have you made your desktop look like that?

Looks nice Smile

OS X or Linux and what programs?
jtap06 Wrote:How does one go about changing the skin? The appearance menu seems to be unfinished. Sorry - noob here.

BTW Hitcher, I really hope you can get this skin polished up! It looks amazing. Work some of your magic! Smile

You can change skin in guisettings.xml in your UserData folder.

Look for ... skin.... "Alaska" for example.

Change it to "Aeon" or whatever your other skin folders are called.
Ayla Wrote:off-topic: how have you made your desktop look like that?

Looks nice Smile

OS X or Linux and what programs?

Thanks!

It's actually Vista x32, just cleaned up the desktop and disabled the taskbar.
The bottom shortcut links are Objectdock with some icons I made myself, they have an embedded look and feel. The embedded time at the top is a yahoo widget called informer. The wallpaper I also made.

If you like I can zip the icons and wallpaper up and email them to you.
Hitcher Wrote:Switch to another skin and change them is all you can do at the moment.

It's not life threatening. I'll just wait for a better version of ALASKA.

Good luck with this, Hitcher. This could be the greatest skin ever made
Thanks Hitcher!
Maybe we should set up something on github or something so people can test and add fixes?

Sorry it's already here: http://github.com/Hitcher/Alaska/tree/master

Something else. I really hope that the first attempt is to finish the skin like djh intended to make. So let's try to keep the icons, interface the same. Once the skin is finished there's room for further improvements.
Is there any way I can browse for my video files in File mode (not library) until the MyVideo.xml is done?

I can access all my Library movies now, but I would like to browse and play video files too.
erhnam Wrote:Maybe we should set up something on github or something so people can test and add fixes?

Sorry it's already here: http://github.com/Hitcher/Alaska/tree/master

Something else. I really hope that the first attempt is to finish the skin like djh intended to make. So let's try to keep the icons, interface the same. Once the skin is finished there's room for further improvements.

If you bothered to read post one then you would have seen the github link and you would know that it was Hitchers intention to continue creating the skin as djh intended Rolleyes
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alaska development thread8