• 5(current)
Alaska development thread
Hitcher Wrote:A life.

There over rated if you ask meLaugh
If you look at djh's original screenshots (below) you will see that the individual labels, TV shows in this case, are the length of the screen and seem to blend in.

Yet, mine are like so (below)

Is there a quick fix for this or is this something that will be coded in over time?

P.s. You are doing an amazing job!
Hitcher Wrote:A life.

geez, we all need one, i guess.

xbmc is just too addictive.
cheers,azido :;):
nvaia Wrote:If you look at djh's original screenshots (below) you will see that the individual labels, TV shows in this case, are the length of the screen and seem to blend in.

Is there a quick fix for this or is this something that will be coded in over time?
DJH posted later screenshots with a different homepage layout (not even using these icons (which are copyrighted to someone else and imho should be removed from git)).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=380...tcount=114

If you ask me the later screenshots are much better and more appropriate for the Alaska skin.
Weavus Wrote:DJH posted later screenshots with a different homepage layout (not even using these icons (which are copyrighted to someone else and imho should be removed from git)).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=380...tcount=114

If you ask me the later screenshots are much better and more appropriate for the Alaska skin.

Those are nice too, but IMO I'm a fan of these...If anyone knows how I can change the font labels to match djh's vison, please let me know.
I think I like djh's first version of the homepage too. Especially with the icons since his second layout used 16x9 images instead of icons.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
Ayla Wrote:I made these small changes to get the main menu icons working.

Go to guisettings.xml.

Change for example the line that has "Alaska.custommovies" in it, to:
Code:
<setting type="string" name="Alaska.custommovies">/Users/htpc/Pictures/Backdrops/Movies/</setting>

Of course, use your own path to some movie pictures.

It works here (although the pictures look stretched/cropped or something) Smile

So did you end up doing this AND editing the Home.xml file as per Hitchers suggestion? And if you did have to change the Home.xml file did you just change the fallback path (after "special:")? Can't quite figure this out.
Sidenote: I did put the old orig icons in their own "mainmenu" directory.
Ayla Wrote:I made these small changes to get the main menu icons working.

Go to guisettings.xml.

Change for example the line that has "Alaska.custommovies" in it, to:
Code:
<setting type="string" name="Alaska.custommovies">/Users/htpc/Pictures/Backdrops/Movies/</setting>

Of course, use your own path to some movie pictures.

It works here (although the pictures look stretched/cropped or something) Smile

This works like a charm and you can edit the includes.xml to change the default behavior from "stretch" to "scale" to maintain the aspect ratio:

Code:
<include name="Object_MainMenuIconF">
        <width>349</width>
        <height>300</height>
        <posx>10</posx>
        <posy>10</posy>
        <timeperimage>20000</timeperimage>
        <randomize>true</randomize>
        <fadetime>400</fadetime>
        <aspectratio align="top" scalediffuse="false">[b][i]scale[/i][/b]</aspectratio>
        <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400" delay="10000">Visible</animation>
        <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="400">Hidden</animation>
    </include>

But that results in the image showing beneath the frame:

Another example:

Anyone have an idea of how to get around this, short of resizing the images to match the aspect ratio of the frame?

Thanks,
-stoli-
Went away for the weekend, come back and find that alaska is out and in working condition! holy crap! Will have a play after work (its going to be a long 6 hours i tell ya!) and help where i can with my limited abilities lol.
stoli Wrote:This works like a charm and you can edit the includes.xml to change the default behavior from "stretch" to "scale" to maintain the aspect ratio:

Code:
<include name="Object_MainMenuIconF">
        <width>349</width>
        <height>300</height>
        <posx>10</posx>
        <posy>10</posy>
        <timeperimage>20000</timeperimage>
        <randomize>true</randomize>
        <fadetime>400</fadetime>
        <aspectratio align="top" scalediffuse="false">[b][i]scale[/i][/b]</aspectratio>
        <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400" delay="10000">Visible</animation>
        <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="400">Hidden</animation>
    </include>

But that results in the image showing beneath the frame:

Another example:

Anyone have an idea of how to get around this, short of resizing the images to match the aspect ratio of the frame?

Thanks,

Where are you guys finding guisettings.xml file at? I can't find it for the life of me.
I'm not editing anything in guisettings - this is all in the home.xml and includes.xml.

That being said, the guisettings.xml is usually in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\UserData (on windows, obviously) You can just enter %appdata% if the Explorer address bar in you can't browse to it.
-stoli-
Someone requested I upload all the PSD files for Alaska. I'm not sure how much use they'll be, especially as they contain a lot of stuff that just wasn't very good. But it's probably better you have them than me. It's about 450mb in total so I'll leave them uploading to Mediafire overnight.

There's some stuff like this in there:

I'd strongly recommend discretion when using this stuff. A lot of it's just me mucking about and would be either impossible in XBMC or not particularly beneficial. Anyway, it's up to you.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
djh_ Wrote:Someone requested I upload all the PSD files for Alaska. I'm not sure how much use they'll be, especially as they contain a lot of stuff that just wasn't very good. But it's probably better you have them than me. It's about 450mb in total so I'll leave them uploading to Mediafire overnight.

There's some stuff like this in there:

I'd strongly recommend discretion when using this stuff. A lot of it's just me mucking about and would be either impossible in XBMC or not particularly beneficial. Anyway, it's up to you.

Thanks djh. I'm sure this will be beneficial, especially for keeping a consistent look. The other ideas look cool too.
stoli Wrote:I'm not editing anything in guisettings - this is all in the home.xml and includes.xml.

That being said, the guisettings.xml is usually in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\UserData (on windows, obviously) You can just enter %appdata% if the Explorer address bar in you can't browse to it.

Thanks Stoli
i would really like to see those different levels of modifying/completion going into different branches and those that are just judged perfect merging into hitchers "build".

right now it looks like this will end up in the same chaos like for aeon, having 10+ incomplete mods.

also i think right now the main target should be the completion of alaska, not the cosmetics of the already given portions.

just what i think about that. call it moaning if you like.
cheers,azido :;):
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alaska development thread8