• 1(current)
[MOD] Touch! My selfmade skin for touchscreen displays - Mod based on PM3
FIRST BETA ONLINE! DOWNLOAD IN POST #8 -> PLEASE USE A NEWER SVN XBMC VERSION THAN THE STABLE 9.04!
SECOND BETA ONLINE! DOWNLOAD IN POST #14!

Why a touchscreen? Why this skin?

I have installed in my house in the kitchen a small touchscreen monitor to control and show the media center. This media center will be later in the lounge operated by remote control and a large tv. So it should be both friendly!

Now this ist my selfmade touchscreen modded skin. It includes the EEETop mod - but i have made some changes.

THX for beginning this great TOUCHSCREEN MOD! I like it....

currently in progress: make small improvements and reskinning to new design and make it unique !!

my to-do-list for the skin in the next days, weeks and month: * hehe *

- switch Touchscreen-Mode on / off, so you can use this skin also as normal use -> DONE!
- switch Mouse-Cursor on / off -> DONE!
- move player buttons down -> DONE! (in most screens)
- remove background of player buttons -> DONE!
- make it to switch on / off volume buttons in TOUCHSCREEN options -> DONE!
- submenus for Video-plugins and Music-plugins in Home screen
- make language files german and english to make it translatable for all language -> DONE!
------>> now you can also rename the BACK-Button easily in your language file!
- a right side menu for Touchscreen settings -> DONE!
- animated Weather in Home Screen -> DONE!
- select between different weather screens (the normal and the 3d version) in home screen
- animated Backgrounds
- player buttons in playlist and party-mode and in most other screens -> DONE!
- new home screen menu -> DONE! but not fully....
- finishing the skin -> now a similarly adapted Transparency MOD! -> not fully done and everytime in work ;-)

HOME SCREEN (with new Logo):

HOME SCREEN in Video-Playback (old Logo):

HOME SCREEN in Music-Playback (old Logo):

Video-Library:

Music-Library:

Settings (with activ volume buttons):
that's a great start, well done!
i'm very glad you decided to start this on your own.

i'll post a headsup in the Transparency! forum too.

oh, in case you have any questions about the code in T!, feel free to ask. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
oh thanks ronie! this is very nice. I will come back out when needed. But it's a big fun working on it!

if there are interests for this skin, I will publish this latest beta here
Hi Virtualhours !
Nice job Wink I like very much your "touch!" logo. Very nice!

You seems so motivated that I am thinking about using your skin!
May I suggest two small things ?
Yes, ok !
Show the weather icon permanently on the 1st page (as obviously, we do not have mouse to highlight the weather icon)
Hide the cursor

Regards,
looking good were due for a touchscreen compatible skin and what better skin to base it off of Smile
LoloMc² Wrote:Hi Virtualhours !
Nice job Wink I like very much your "touch!" logo. Very nice!

You seems so motivated that I am thinking about using your skin!
May I suggest two small things ?
Yes, ok !
Show the weather icon permanently on the 1st page (as obviously, we do not have mouse to highlight the weather icon)
Hide the cursor

Regards,

Hi LoloMc2!

yes the weather icon is permanently shown on home screen and mouse cursor can still be switched off! Laugh
I want to make some small changes and then i will release the first beta here!

VirtualHours
-- please forgive me for my bad english -- :blush:
now we have a new Touchscreen-Menu in normaly Skin-Menu!:

the shutdown menu selection and the menu itself made by TRANSPARENCY! skin

i will change this a little bit thouchscreen user friendly
here is the first beta online to download:

media files are not compresed in this release!

click here to download file!

now a new home screen menu is born

in settings you can now disable home screen buttons (Programs/Settings/Scripts)
Excellent work!

Things seem to be working, but for some reason I'm not getting the background image (Theatre chairs), all I get is a black background. Is there something more I need to do for it to display the backgrounds?

Also, another little issue I found, if you start a picture slide show, there is no way to get out of it using just the touchscreen, aside from letting it run it's course, since XBMC won't recognize any touch's while the slideshow is running.

In all, this is looking fantastic, I'm glad someone's finally taking on the task of getting a good touchscreen skin going!
zipsonic Wrote:Also, another little issue I found, if you start a picture slide show, there is no way to get out of it using just the touchscreen, aside from letting it run it's course, since XBMC won't recognize any touch's while the slideshow is running.
Unfortunately, Virtualhours can not do anything without writing some C(++) code. You can have a look here. You can also post at the end of this thread to write your deception

Rgs,
zipsonic Wrote:Excellent work!

Things seem to be working, but for some reason I'm not getting the background image (Theatre chairs), all I get is a black background. Is there something more I need to do for it to display the backgrounds?

THX and i will hope in next beta this problem is fixed Shocked

now i´m working on a touchscreen friendly version of transparency weather screen - look:
the animated weather icons are to switched on and off
virtualhours Wrote:THX and i will hope in next beta this problem is fixed Shocked
Hi!
Just tried and I get the same error...
virtualhours Wrote:now i´m working on a touchscreen friendly version of transparency weather screen - look:
the animated weather icons are to switched on and off
Nice, now I want to try it !

Just few things :
On this picture, I can see the "switch off" menu which is centered on the screen (horizontaly I mean)
In my case, the menu is completely on the left side of the screen

I did not find how you activate all other buttons on the main screen (See next picture) I just get pictures/movies/music/meteo

Could you explain me how you made this fantastic screen (I love it !)

By the way. I probably make a mistake but I though I included another "main title DVD button" on the videoOSD screen. This is the reason why the menu is not completely on the right side. Did you changed anything regarding this or it is me who is telling stupid things Confused

Regards,
LoloMc² Wrote:Hi!
Just tried and I get the same error...

I have two PC's and on both the skin will run correctly. So let's see .....

first you must use a newer svn version of xbmc! not the current stable xbmc!!
second go to skin options and then backgrounds - are there all backgrounds set to default? please set to default!

LoloMc² Wrote:Just few things :
On this picture, I can see the "switch off" menu which is centered on the screen (horizontaly I mean)
In my case, the menu is completely on the left side of the screen
please use a newer xbmc version an test it - if this not works give me a message again!

LoloMc² Wrote:I did not find how you activate all other buttons on the main screen (See next picture) I just get pictures/movies/music/meteo
go to settings - skin settings - home window -> activate show scripts in main menu and activate show settings in main menu!

LoloMc² Wrote:Could you explain me how you made this fantastic screen (I love it !)
you mean the background? it´s original from transparency skin! (i love it, too!)

LoloMc² Wrote:By the way. I probably make a mistake but I though I included another "main title DVD button" on the videoOSD screen. This is the reason why the menu is not completely on the right side. Did you changed anything regarding this or it is me who is telling stupid things Confused
I will look once the next days..... (can you upload a picture?)

LoloMc² Wrote:Nice, now I want to try it !
Laugh okay - i will upload it today.....
now here is the second beta online to download:

currently they are many unused files in this package - sorry!
mediafiles in beta version are not compressed!

click here to download file!

have you wishes for this skin and the next beta release? please tell me....

now it´s time to make small improvements and reskinning to new design and make it unique !!
virtualhours Wrote:go to settings - skin settings - home window -> activate show scripts in main menu and activate show settings in main menu!
Thanks, it works

virtualhours Wrote:you mean the background? it´s original from transparency skin! (i love it, too!)
No, I wanted to modify it, but was not able to edit a single xml file without getting black screen Confused So I am wondering in which xml file/how this screen is defined !

virtualhours Wrote:Laugh okay - i will upload it today.....
Thanks but I am really in late this morning, I'll have a look this evening Wink

Regards,
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Touch! My selfmade skin for touchscreen displays - Mod based on PM32