Raid 5 share problems
Sad 
I just recently setup a new Raid 5 array on my Vista PC. I transferred all my movies and set up a network share. Everything was working great, XBMC added all my movies to the library. The problem is I have added new movies to the Movie folder and I can't see them even in file mode. I have unshared the file and re-shared. Restarted the PC and Xbox a bunch of times. I don't understand why only the newly added files are not showing up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You haven't really provided any useful information. Please see the sticky in the xbox forum about posting problems in a useful manner.
What raid5 card are you using? It is a hardware card right? Because vista doesn't support software raid5
My apologies,
My PC is a Abit IP35 Pro mb, Quad Core 9300 cpu, 4gb ram, 3tb Harddrives in a Raid 5(that houses my movies),Raid Controller is Intel ICH9R on the mb, I'm running Vista Ultimate 32 bit.
My Xbox is chipped w/ Xecuter 2.6 ce modchip not sure the bios version, XBMC Babylon 2009-05-07 Rev. 20044.
I hope this helps.
nymesis Wrote:My apologies,
My PC is a Abit IP35 Pro mb, Quad Core 9300 cpu, 4gb ram, 3tb Harddrives in a Raid 5(that houses my movies),Raid Controller is Intel ICH9R on the mb, I'm running Vista Ultimate 32 bit.
My Xbox is chipped w/ Xecuter 2.6 ce modchip not sure the bios version, XBMC Babylon 2009-05-07 Rev. 20044.
I hope this helps.

upgrade XBMC and give us a debug log
More investigation into my problem it seems this is an issue with my pc. I can't see the newly added movies on my other PC's in my network. I can see the 400 something movies that I added to the Raid when I first set it up, but when I add a new file to the hard drives I can't see it on my network from any of my other pc's or xbox. I tried unsharing the movies folder and resharing it but no luck. I'm trying to find info on some Vista forums. If any one has an idea it would be appreciated.
Punt! Put those drives and a raid controller in an old desktop PC and run FREENAS. YOu will be happier in the end. Just my opinion.
fatsidney Wrote:Punt! Put those drives and a raid controller in an old desktop PC and run FREENAS. YOu will be happier in the end. Just my opinion.

I have thought about that, but would have to set up the raid again and lose my existing data.
nymesis Wrote:I have thought about that, but would have to set up the raid again and lose my existing data.

Not true at all.. As long as you use the same disks and setup the raid array the same way you will not loose any information...
I use a 4 disk sata raid card and have moved it between 3 computers so far.. use the same 4 drive array and rebuild the array in the card bios.. worked great each time...
Only time you will loose data (possibly) is if you are doing software array.. and even then you can do it sucessful...
fatsidney Wrote:Punt! Put those drives and a raid controller in an old desktop PC and run FREENAS. YOu will be happier in the end. Just my opinion.

Tru.. but i run all my stuff in vista and have no problems at all.. Granted i use the computer as a desktop terminal along with a server, but the dual xeons have no problem streaming even when i am using the computer... i probably should put a little more then 2 gigs of ram in it tho... Orb can be a memory hog...
Numus Wrote:Not true at all.. As long as you use the same disks and setup the raid array the same way you will not loose any information...

His raid controller is part of his motherboard - it would be a little tough to remove the ICH9R off of the motherboard and replace the southbridge on an older pc. In this case moving the raid array to a "different" computer is not an option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raid 5 share problems0