viewtype suggestion
Lightbulb 
Hi, first of all I'd like to say a really big thanks for this fantastic skin, it really blows all the other skins i've used right out of the water. Big Grin

I have a suggestion for a modification to the Wide Icon view in tvshows although I'm not sure if it would be acceptable considering the skin is based around always showing fanart and backdrops

I love the wide icon view and it's what I use currently however I can't help feeling that there could be more of the icons on the screen, currently the grid is arranged 2x4 but there is a large area around the panel which is unused

I think it would be great if there was the option to show more wide icons, as many as can fit on the screen, sort of a wall view for wide icons, maybe 3x6 or 4x6 if it fits

in this view the fanart is obscured by the wide icons anyway so i dont think it would take too much away

if this isn't possible or not something you are interested in doing then i suppose i'll have to learn some xml and skinning and have a crack at it myself, if so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paddy
paddycarey Wrote:Hi, first of all I'd like to say a really big thanks for this fantastic skin, it really blows all the other skins i've used right out of the water. Big Grin

I have a suggestion for a modification to the Wide Icon view in tvshows although I'm not sure if it would be acceptable considering the skin is based around always showing fanart and backdrops

I love the wide icon view and it's what I use currently however I can't help feeling that there could be more of the icons on the screen, currently the grid is arranged 2x4 but there is a large area around the panel which is unused

I think it would be great if there was the option to show more wide icons, as many as can fit on the screen, sort of a wall view for wide icons, maybe 3x6 or 4x6 if it fits

in this view the fanart is obscured by the wide icons anyway so i dont think it would take too much away

if this isn't possible or not something you are interested in doing then i suppose i'll have to learn some xml and skinning and have a crack at it myself, if so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paddy

shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. most of the editing needs to be done in View_WideIcon.xml.
start by changing the width, height x and y values of the panel (this defines the area used for showing the banners.
next change the width of the itemlayout and focusedlayout to something like 425 so three rows of banners would fit on the page.
you'll also have to modify the size and position of the items below it a bit, so they'll line up neatly.

removing the background panel can be done in MyVideoNav.xml by adjusting the Window_OpenClose_Right_Panel_Animation. basically you'll have to add viewtype 54 to it somewhere.

good luck and post some screens if you mange to pull it off. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
well i've managed to get more banners to display but i'm not sure how to get rid of the panel behind and i'm also not sure how to move the scrollbar

this is what i've got so far

any tips?
paddycarey Wrote:well i've managed to get more banners to display but i'm not sure how to get rid of the panel behind and i'm also not sure how to move the scrollbar

this is what i've got so far

any tips?

scrollbars are defined in Includes.xml. you'll have to create a new scrollbar for id "54" and exclude id "54" from the default scrollbar (the second one).

you probable want to slide the panel offscreen, just like it's done for the 3dcoverflow view (id=500). so lookup the animation for id "500" in MyVideoNav.xml and add id "54" to the condition.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks, i've got it working now, not using a scrollbar but it looks great
glad you figured it out.
now, update to Transparency! v2.01 and start all over again. ;-P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
viewtype suggestion0