Lazy guy's slideshow...
OK, being a photographer, I like my slideshows but there's a problem. Everytime I choose "Pictures", XBMC scans my designated folder and after a while (I have 7000+ pix!) I can finally get to see a slideshow. I really hate the way that this works - the continual scanning drives me nuts so I copied all my pix into the

C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\Transparency!\backgrounds\pictures\pictures

directory and now I can get my slideshow just by selecting (not clicking) the "Pictures" menu item from the main menu.
This is great! It seems to now not need to scan all the pictures every time so I'm happy. There are, of course a couple of problems:

1) How can I control the interval between the pix?
2) Is there any way to hide the main menu when it's not needed - maybe it can be moved off screen like the "Autohide" feature in Windows Task Bar or something. Is this possible?
If you set your picture folder as screensaver you can control the interval and have a clean screen.

I did set my backgrounds folder (8000+) as screensaver and set start screensaver time at 1 minute.

In picture settings (slideshow) you can set interval , transition time and panning/zooming.
Yup, I know that but I kinda like the XBMC & date graphic at the top and the time at the bottom! I just wanted to find a way to move the menu out of the way!
Is there any way of doing this?
Homey Wrote:Yup, I know that but I kinda like the XBMC & date graphic at the top and the time at the bottom! I just wanted to find a way to move the menu out of the way!
Is there any way of doing this?

sure and it shouldn't be too difficult i think. you have to add an animation that get's triggered when the picture button on the home menu gets focused.

add this line:
Code:
<animation effect="slide" end="-300,0" start="0,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="Container(5040).HasFocus(8)">Conditional</animation>

to the "Window_OpenClose_Home_Panel_Animation" section in Includes_Home.xml
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Ronie but that doesn't work!
As soon as I launch XBMC, the menu's gone and the screen is black. The top and bottom are still there though - showing the time & date!!
Homey Wrote:Thanks Ronie but that doesn't work!
As soon as I launch XBMC, the menu's gone and the screen is black. The top and bottom are still there though - showing the time & date!!

then you did something wrong.
i did test it myself before i posted the code this time. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
LOL
That doesn't surprise me one bit! Here's what I did:
1) open the xml file here C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\Transparency!\720p
2) make the edit so that the section now looks like this:

<include name="Window_OpenClose_Home_Panel_Animation">

<animation effect="fade" time="200" condition="Skin.HasSetting
(Animate_Skin)">WindowOpen</animation>

<animation effect="fade" time="200" condition="Skin.HasSetting
(Animate_Skin)">WindowClose</animation>

<animation effect="slide" start="-300,0" end="0,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Animate_Skin)">WindowOpen</animation>

<animation effect="slide" end="-300,0" start="0,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Animate_Skin)">WindowClose</animation>

<animation effect="slide" end="-300,0" start="0,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="Container(5040).HasFocus(8)">Conditional</animation>

</include>

(there's no word wrap on the actual file)

3) Save the changes
4) start XBMC.

This didn't work. I then went back and removed the additional lile in the XML file and XBMC went back to normal!

What did I do wrong?
OK, this is crazy. I did the edit and it didn't work. I re-booted the machine and went back into XBMC and guess what? It works now!!

WooHoo!!Laugh

Totally awsome Ronie. You're a star!
If others like this maybe you can add it in the settings for a future release?

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lazy guy's slideshow...0