• 1(current)
[WINDOWS] Any possibility of adding WASAPI support?
Lightbulb 
Hi

Newbee here Wink....Is there any news on adding wasapi support to xbmc?
Its by far the sweetest media center around apart from from the sound quality i get from my audio files using the built in player. Ive tried setting foobar as an external player but i cant get this to work properly it opens up foobar and will play tracks in file mode but not library but even then it doesnt always play the selected track( This is down to my basic stupidity probably)

Anyway any news would be good

Cheers
way way way way too platform specific to even be closely worth it.
Big job then? aahh well! Does the linux version allow unmolested bitstreaming?
I love XBMC but need it to sound as good as foobar with the wasapi plugin!Sad

Shame as that would be the iceing on the cake for me.
spiff Wrote:way way way way too platform specific to even be closely worth it.
Spiff, maybe the work phi2039 is doing will bring something new on the audio quality side?
WASAPI would be pretty cool. I dont know how much it is complicated, but only thing it does is, that it sends untouched digital signal to SPDIF.

Advantages:
- sound same as original utouched by windows or player - a dream come true for audiophiles with high end speakers/receivers (like me)
- Possibility to send audio from xbmc to av receiver to play music/movie on home cinema, while listening to browser/window/other non wasapi app sounds from your monitor/pc speakers

In short, you wife could watch youtube on your monitor, while you are watching movie on plasma all from one PC.
I created a WASAPI output module a couple of weeks ago and submitted the patch on Trac so hopefully one of the developers can integrate it once the current release crunch is over. I've been using it to feed audio to my receiver via my ATI card's HDMI output and it works perfectly. I could post my custom build if anyone wants to try it, but I don't know if the developers want unofficial builds floating around right now.
I would really love to give this a try. Would there be any way you could possibly PM or email a link to an uploaded build of this? Thanks so much for your work getting this ball rolling. Big Grin
ArtVandelae Wrote:I created a WASAPI output module a couple of weeks ago and submitted the patch on Trac so hopefully one of the developers can integrate it once the current release crunch is over. I've been using it to feed audio to my receiver via my ATI card's HDMI output and it works perfectly. I could post my custom build if anyone wants to try it, but I don't know if the developers want unofficial builds floating around right now.
I think an exception has been made for the DirectShow player, due to the importance of testing it (even considering that tiben20 is doing it all alone, without help from anyone). Normally during a pre-release period, and from what I understand, developers prefer not to have many unofficial builds floating around.

I might be wrong, in that case... sorry. Blush
Wow great! hopefully not to long for wasapi ready xbmc woohooBig Grin
Is there a relatively straightforward way of implementing the v2 patch?
yeah i was hopeing the same thing! all to much for my small brain half of the stuff i see on hereOo
this sounds very cool.
this sounds really interesting! wasapi support is the only thing keeping me from using xbmc (using Mediaportal with reclock for now)

is there any way for me to try this out without building the source myself? maybe PM me ? please ;-)
I'd love to try this too, but for anyone interested in the meanwhile, iTunes now supports WASAPI in the Quicktime audio preferences as well for 32-bit Vista and Windows 7 users only, and with Remote, it makes a pretty good combo. So far, it's not supported in the 64-bit versions of those OS's.
Sorry, no info. But I would like to add my support for adding this option. I am amazed that it's not available in the Windows audio options already.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Any possibility of adding WASAPI support?0