Video Plugins doesn't show
I have a weird bug where Video Plugins doesn't show. It has something to do with the MyVideos34.db file. If I have a fresh install and fresh MyVideos34.db file, then the Video Plugins button will not appear on the home screen. It appears as just a bottom line under Settings, but it's not able to be selected.

It's occurred on various builds of the Xbox ranging from r22968-23078 as well as my Windows installation which uses r22516. If I import an older MyVideos34.db file then everything works well, but I'm unable to delete movies or anything from the library and using Clean library does nothing.

Any ideas? Here's the log in case you see something I looked over.

I'll keep hunting to see what I can find, but I've been stumped for the past 2 hours looking. I narrowed it down to the file causing the error, but that's as far as I got. I tried Transparency! 2.0 and 2.01 and both did the same thing.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
nicoli_k Wrote:I'll keep hunting to see what I can find, but I've been stumped for the past 2 hours looking.

took me 1 minute and 13 seconds to figure it out ;-p

edit Includes_Home.xml and replace the 4 occurrences of VideosPluginsHome with VideosPluginsInHome.

my apologies for the typo and 2 wasted hours on your end. ;-)

as always, thanx for the bug report!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
wow. I should've just come to you with it right off. good job!

just wondering, why did it work with old MyVideos34.db files?

once again, you're the man!
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
nicoli_k Wrote:wow. I should've just come to you with it right off.
no way!!
i wish everyone did their homework as good as you before asking for help.
nicoli_k Wrote:just wondering, why did it work with old MyVideos34.db files?

the videoplugin button checks if the video library exists. if there is a video library present, it will take you to video plugins in library mode. if you don't have a video library it will take you to video plugins in filemode.

i have no clue why it did work with your old db file and not with the new one.
maybe somehow xbmc doesn't recognise the new db file correctly?
it can happen if you run an older xbmc version with a newer database...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i have no clue why it did work with your old db file and not with the new one.
maybe somehow xbmc doesn't recognise the new db file correctly?
it can happen if you run an older xbmc version with a newer database...

Thanks for the explanation. It's better than attributing it to magical unicorns and leprechauns which is what I was leaning towards.

Now I'm done setting up my brother's new xbox to give to him tomorrow and it's as user friendly as possible thanks to the skin.

Thanks again for the fix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Plugins doesn't show0