Media flagging resist to die!
This may be a known issue since I am running the latest build (23100) for Windows and Transparency! 2.01

I added with EMM some dummy files that correctly showed most media flags (I always get one or two blank boxes, studios?), these had the DVD flag which came really handy as to indicate that they are offline files.

Now after deleting this source from the library I enabled "Extract metadata" in the Video Settings of the skin, it went and added media flagging to my files in HDD (.mkv, .avi, .wmv..) but it also show "DVD", "blu-ray" (I don't have a clue how it assigns these flags since the name is "clean")

I didn't like that so I disabled the option, reload the skin, restart XBMC but the flags are still there!! I cannot get rid of the dreaded DVD/Blu-ray logos Sad

I wonder if there's some kind of bug with the "Extract metadata" setting and Transparency! does not disable it correctly.
adsoto Wrote:I added with EMM some dummy files that correctly showed most media flags (I always get one or two blank boxes, studios?)

yep, most likely studios since not every studio logo is included.
others may be subtitles and/or mpaa rating, if the info is not available the skin can't display a rating icon.

adsoto Wrote:Now after deleting this source from the library I enabled "Extract metadata" in the Video Settings of the skin, it went and added media flagging to my files in HDD (.mkv, .avi, .wmv..) but it also show "DVD", "blu-ray" (I don't have a clue how it assigns these flags since the name is "clean")

if there's no tag in the filename, the skin tries to 'guess' the source by looking at the file-extension and resolution.

adsoto Wrote:I didn't like that so I disabled the option, reload the skin, restart XBMC but the flags are still there!! I cannot get rid of the dreaded DVD/Blu-ray logos Sad

I wonder if there's some kind of bug with the "Extract metadata" setting and Transparency! does not disable it correctly.

the "extract metadata" setting has little to nothing to do with showing media flags in the skin. the "extract metadata" option will scan your files and store the data in the database. in case your using .nfo files with tags in the <streamdetails> section, xbmc will always read those, no matter if the option is enabled or disabled.

if you want to hide the mediaflags in the skin:
Settings > Skin Settings > Icons > **** - Show media flags
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Quote:if you want to hide the mediaflags in the skin:
Settings > Skin Settings > Icons > **** - Show media flags

I didn't even know this option existed Rolleyes . Yes, it works and hides media flagging.

Now my initial goal was setup the media flagging in some way that DVD (Bluray/HDDVDI) icon only appears for offline media so it is a visual indicator that if you click on the movie you are going to be asked for a DVD.

How can I tweak XBMC/Transparency to achieve this goal? Reserving "physical" flagging for offline media.

Thanks!
you'd have to code it yourself. there's some info on it in the old Transparency! v0.27 and v1.03 threads.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
adsoto Wrote:Now my initial goal was setup the media flagging in some way that DVD (Bluray/HDDVDI) icon only appears for offline media so it is a visual indicator that if you click on the movie you are going to be asked for a DVD.

This comment has sent me searching, but I haven't had much luck. Is there a way to list and display offline DVDs within XBMC? How is this done?

Thanks!
paulmd Wrote:This comment has sent me searching, but I haven't had much luck. Is there a way to list and display offline DVDs within XBMC? How is this done?

Thanks!

not yet, but work is being done to get support for this is xbmc:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7266
One question ... how can i enable the subtitles mediaflag ? It is related to filename ? or must be in nfo ?
Shalashaska Wrote:One question ... how can i enable the subtitles mediaflag ? It is related to filename ? or must be in nfo ?

xbmc can either detect subs in the movie itself, or read the info from the .nfo file.

there's a few buts:
- it will only work with embedded subtitles (separate subtitle files are not supported as far as i know)
- if you let xbmc do the detection, there's no support for dvd's (.vob files)
thanks ^_^

all my subtitles are srt files, so, no chance for mediaflag available, thats it :p
Question 
ronie Wrote:xbmc can either detect subs in the movie itself, or read the info from the .nfo file.

there's a few buts:
- it will only work with embedded subtitles (separate subtitle files are not supported as far as i know)
- if you let xbmc do the detection, there's no support for dvd's (.vob files)

I certainly hope support for mediaflags for external subtitles (srt and sub files etc ) are planned?

Does anyone know?
franckcastle Wrote:I certainly hope support for mediaflags for external subtitles (srt and sub files etc ) are planned?

Does anyone know?

it's not something the skin can do, it has to be supported by xbmc first.
best ask about it in the Media Flagging thread.
ronie Wrote:it's not something the skin can do, it has to be supported by xbmc first.
best ask about it in the Media Flagging thread.

I only got a couple of hits when searching for subtitles ans icon/logo, added a post in the most relevant thread.

I've posted a request as you suggested, thank you!
ref:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post466580

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media flagging resist to die!0