homescreen backgrounds black
in the release-thread some users reported the same problem, so let's discuss here:

the backgrounds on the homescreen stay black, no matter which options i choose. but when i enter the picture menu (e.g.) they appear. i tried with the stable 9.04.1 babylon and the newest SVN rev23095.

any ideas?
Eww 4:3 display.

I'm not too sure at the moment. I'll try to look into it. I'll get a better idea if anyone else reports it.
that would be nice. if that fanally works, rapier would even outmatch aeon. Nod
Yeah I get the same thing, I wish you can make it work with the stable build. I run this on ATV and anything other than the stable build just runs extremely slow.

For now I just run it with the black screen since I can still take advantage of the whole skin, except OSD subtitles...
i tested it also on my 16:10 laptop display, homescreen stays black. so the resolution doesn't seem to affect it...
Here I have a similiar problem,
i have the background picture working normaly but everytime i listen a music album, background gets black.
only when playing mp3.
I have exactly the same problem, reproduced on 2 machines.

the backgrounds on the homescreen stay black !

I'm on Windows XP SP3 platform with the 9.04.1 babylon
jdx66 Wrote:I have exactly the same problem, reproduced on 2 machines.

the backgrounds on the homescreen stay black !

I'm on Windows XP SP3 platform with the 9.04.1 babylon

you'll have to update xbmc.
most of the newer skins don't run correctly on 9.04.1

since the current svn may be a bit unstable, it would be best to install the svn 22528 build.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
hi, thanks for your help, i forgot to say it, i'm using the last build, maybe 23120, i also have 22258 but didn't try in that build. i will try it later.
it should work with last build i think..
thanks =)
I put the last SVN 23120 it is ok
Thank
Thats strange.
Imagine, you start playing an album, when you return to home menu, can you see the picture?
Mine keeps black.
Getting black backgrounds for mine as well, running 1920x1080.

Only if I goto an actual Library does the fanart show.

running the latest stable release, becuase i tried the nightly build, and all of my videos chunked.

also, on a request note, would it be possible to have the backgrounds rotate through the images instead of just picking one? (as i'm lead to believe it does)

other than that, awesome skin so far. I love it.
Zxurian Wrote:also, on a request note, would it be possible to have the backgrounds rotate through the images instead of just picking one? (as i'm lead to believe it does)

that already works: under skin-settings klick on "use single single image for background" and it will change to "use multi image". then you can choose a whole folder with backgrounds...
jdx66 Wrote:I put the last SVN 23120 it is ok
Thank

finally that worked for me too, thanks! it shows all backdrops on homescreen correctly.

BUT

when i now enter picture menu e.g. there is on the first page (where the sources are listed) the standard blue backdrop. and when i go in the subfolders there is again the correct background. why not on the first page?
Phil_1337 Wrote:finally that worked for me too, thanks! it shows all backdrops on homescreen correctly.

BUT

when i now enter picture menu e.g. there is on the first page (where the sources are listed) the standard blue backdrop. and when i go in the subfolders there is again the correct background. why not on the first page?

The custom background now only shows on levels that have media content. For instance the first window that shows the media sources would only show the default background.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
homescreen backgrounds black0