XBMC fails assert in pulseéstream.c on startup
Occassionally, when I start XBMC, the window comes up briefly, but it immediately exits out. Once the problem starts, I can`t make it stop, and the only way around it that I`ve found so far is rebooting. Running it from the command-line i`ve learned that it looks to have something to do with sound:

$ xbmc
The XBMC_HOME environment variable is not set.
StdString: Assertion Failed on line 916
StdString: Assertion Failed on line 917
StdString: Assertion Failed on line 916
StdString: Assertion Failed on line 917
ALSA lib pcm_pulse.c:626Sadpulse_prepare) PulseAudio: Unable to create stream: Invalid argument

E: stream.c: Assertion 's' failed at pulse/stream.c:1224, function pa_stream_drain(). Aborting.
Aborted

Linux walter 2.6.29-02062906-generic #02062906 SMP Fri Jul 3 10:56:30 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
xbmc 9.0.4.1-jaunty1 PPA
Log is here: http://pastebin.ca/1578737

and here`s my sound hardware:
$ lspci | grep -i audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller

Anybody know what this is about or how to fix it

Thanks.

-Nathan.
Try a newer build, if it still happens, check the sticky about posting problems in a useful manner for instructions on creating a stack trace.
I`m running babylon (9.04.1) and I don`t think anything later than that has been released. Would you like me to try from svn?

Edit: Nevermind, found there are svn build ppas. I`ve upgraded 9.04.3, we`ll see how that goes.
Just a note. This is always preceded by an unclean shutdown of xbmc. So it's leaving something around and not expecting this at xbmc startup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC fails assert in pulseéstream.c on startup0