uPNP problems sometime after rev21142
14:35:33 M: 57004032 NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Xbox. Built on Sep 27 2009 (SVN:23157, compiler 1310)
PM3, fresh install

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/m36eece75

XBMC is locking up/freezing for me when trying to access a uPNP source (adding a video source) or shortly thereafter for any t3ch build after 21142. Also freezes at boot if "Autostart uPNP client" is enabled. Occasionally (10% of the time) it will go through and work fine without locking up.

uPNP works fine on the same XBOX with build 21142, 20439, 19856, 18221, 17820 and several others prior.

Fails with 23063, 23095, and 23157. I could try to install some other builds between 21142 and 23063 if it would be helpful to narrow down the time range. I did search trac for bug reports but didn't see anything similar.

Any thoughts?
Hmmm this could also be the problem with PS3MS Huh - there is definately a difference between windows and xbox builds uPNP.
Try 23199 from nightly builds and see if that fixes it.. I am using 23095, i believe, on my boxes (i am going to update to 23199 tonight) and havent had the boxes freeze during autostart pnp client and when it finds other xbmc via upnp.. Haven't tried one of my UPnP sources yet (i usually only use these when accessing orb via VPN on my windows machine)... See if 23199 fixes it tho and i will check tonight if it is broken or not (unless you find out the answer before i get home)
Numus thanks for the suggestion. I just installed 23199 and it still crashes.

I should mention - maybe this is obvious - If I boot the xbox with the network cable disconnected, the box does not fail. IE it is definitely a uPNP network operation causing the crash. I also shut off both uPNP servers in my house and tried again, no luck.

I would be happy to continue debug analysis if anyone has suggestions. The debug log just doesn't have much info in it showing cause/effect. Some crashes don't even show the "FATAL: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION".

Can anyone else out there with post-21142 builds try to access uPNP and see if you can confirm this problem?

Thanks-
Mike
FYI I just installed 23199 on a WinXP PC and recreated the crash when accessing a uPNP source. So it's not xbox only.

"XBMC Media Center has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

debug log didn't catch the FATAL error but I can post it if useful. Interestignly, XBMC keeps working fine in the background after the crash report/dialog comes up until I click "close".

Still looking for someone else who can recreate this problem before I learn how to submit a ticket on trac....
Their should be dmp file created after xbmc crashes. Please post that as well.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Windows dmp attached
I had a few minutes to narrow down the SVN by dl'ing lots of windows files:

21416 = uPNP works
21439 = uPNP fails

Looking through trac, changeset 21435 contains LOTS of uPNP changes:

http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/21435

Now ... which one of these changes killed uPNP for me?
whitney Wrote:I had a few minutes to narrow down the SVN by dl'ing lots of windows files:

21416 = uPNP works
21439 = uPNP fails

Looking through trac, changeset 21435 contains LOTS of uPNP changes:

http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/21435

Now ... which one of these changes killed uPNP for me?

None of those changes should have done a thing to you... Those are from 3 months ago.. I have since then on 4 seperate occassions accessed ORB via VPN allowing for the UPNP stream and it worked perfectly (except teh transrating issue)
Thanks for the info Numus -- so it looks like there must be something specific to my network which is causing the crash on the new Platinum release in XBMC. I have updated the uPNP server (Playon) with latest software in case there was a bug fix on that end -- still crashing out with newer builds.

Anyone have suggestions about how to test uPNP? Sniffers, data streams, etc?

Anyone else having a problem or is it just me?
Looking into it
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Whitney,

Thanks for the dmp but was this manually built from source?
What was the build (OpenGL or Directx)?
Can you attach the .exe and .pdb as well if so?

Thanks
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Treid PS3 Media Server again last night on Xbox (used to transcode 720p content) and in recent versions the Xbox shows up as an "unidentified renderer" and no files show up in the folders I browse.... earlier versions show up as "XBMC Device" and the files are all there Huh

So something has gone amiss somewhere... I ran out of time last night but will try to look into it further to find out when it changed... the old build I'm running was May last year.
c0diq Wrote:Whitney,

Thanks for the dmp but was this manually built from source?
What was the build (OpenGL or Directx)?
Can you attach the .exe and .pdb as well if so?

Thanks

Hey codiq -

I have been using the popularly available SVN builds for testing. So the Windows files have been OpenGL, and I have been getting them from the links in kricker's links (from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452). (Also experiencing problems with builds from xbmcsvn.org and T3CH xbox builds)

I don't see a pdb with any of the SVN builds. Do you still want to see the exe?
Geeba Wrote:Treid PS3 Media Server again last night on Xbox (used to transcode 720p content) and in recent versions the Xbox shows up as an "unidentified renderer" and no files show up in the folders I browse.... earlier versions show up as "XBMC Device" and the files are all there Huh

So something has gone amiss somewhere... I ran out of time last night but will try to look into it further to find out when it changed... the old build I'm running was May last year.

Interesting that you are seeing problems with the renderer/server. Just to clarify, I am using the Client only -- server and renderer are not enabled on my system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uPNP problems sometime after rev211420