uPNP problems sometime after rev21142
Hmmm - I'll wait on the upgrade until Arnova has performed Xbox MAGIC! Big Grin
Look at the notes on the builds, there's been no changes to XBMC for XBOX for about 2 weeks.

Mine's not working . No change here. I don't see how it could be possible.
I bought a new router.

I've been running the new builds each night hoping for a change even though there were no notes. I just reverted to build 21791 available here

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=BuildsDownlo...X&BN=21791
outleradam Wrote:Look at the notes on the builds, there's been no changes to XBMC for XBOX for about 2 weeks.

Mine's not working . No change here. I don't see how it could be possible.

Yep I spoke too soon. Just got the dreaded lockup once again on the xbox with rev 23592 when trying to add a uPNP source. Guess I was hopeful (lucky) when testing the new build a few days ago and everything worked (it has been working 10% of the time).

00:54:30 M: 35659776 FATAL: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005)
at 0x000d7312

I'll go try the new build in Windows to see if the changes c0diq made have improved things on that end...

EDIT-
Downloaded 23568 for windows, and I am happy to report that I can NOT get it to crash with uPNP. Went back to win 22014 and I can ALWAYS get it to crash using uPNP. So I think the changes did fix _my_ problem -- and I just need to wait for the xbox build.

Hope this helps someone Smile
I'm going to stick with version 21791. Even the graphics for the icons are better then the newer ones. What happened?
outleradam Wrote:I'm going to stick with version 21791. Even the graphics for the icons are better then the newer ones. What happened?

I saw that Arnova merged the linuxport branch to XBMC (thanks!!), so I was hopeful when I tried out 24048 ... but unfortunately uPNP is still crashing the xbox same as before despite all the fixes that c0diq committed which I believe have all been incorporated into xbox now.

So I'm going back to 17349, which is the last available build for me that uPNP works successfully with good icons (Playon), no crashes, and working FF/Rewind.

Since the crashes I am seeing appears to be somewhat rare among users, I'll still offer to help/troubleshoot for the developers in any way I can if the issue comes up again for others. Just send me a PM if I can help.

Thanks.
Update if anyone is still playing along at home.

As a last ditch effort I started powering off other things on my home LAN to see what if anything is causing XBMC to crash when scanning for uPNP servers.

Found out that my HDHomerun TV tuner is definitely the conflicting device. With the HDHR on, newer builds of XBMC crash. With it off, XBMC uPNP works fine on all builds.

Any ideas? I have submitted a ticket to Silicondust about the issue, but I'm not sure which side to blame -- XBMC or HDHR. Must be something coming from HDHR during uPNP discovery that makes XBMC puke.
whitney Wrote:I saw that Arnova merged the linuxport branch to XBMC (thanks!!), so I was hopeful when I tried out 24048 ... but unfortunately uPNP is still crashing the xbox same as before despite all the fixes that c0diq committed which I believe have all been incorporated into xbox now.

Yeah but that merge didn't contain any UPnP updates for the simple fact that it's too much work for me to merge it and I don't have the time. I asked c0diq to do this, but I'm not sure he will...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
arnova Wrote:Yeah but that merge didn't contain any UPnP updates for the simple fact that it's too much work for me to merge it and I don't have the time. I asked c0diq to do this, but I'm not sure he will...

Arnova, thanks for the explanation. I've finally spent enough time digging around the source code and on trac to understand how this all works.

I see that c0diq did make the uPNP changes to the xbox source code (thanks!),

Are we going to see a 9.11 "alpha" release for xbox?

There is no mention of xbox on the 9.11 alpha article on xbmc.org, and the sshcs page says that he's suspending compiles to follow the official a/b/rc schedule.
whitney Wrote:Arnova, thanks for the explanation. I've finally spent enough time digging around the source code and on trac to understand how this all works.

I see that c0diq did make the uPNP changes to the xbox source code (thanks!),

Are we going to see a 9.11 "alpha" release for xbox?

There is no mention of xbox on the 9.11 alpha article on xbmc.org, and the sshcs page says that he's suspending compiles to follow the official a/b/rc schedule.

Yeah, my plan was to release 9.11alpha for Xbox somewhere next week. It's kinda waiting for a patch for the media-flagging, before we can tag it alpha...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
Wow, I needed an excuse to get an HDHR, now I have one! Is it still happening?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

c0diq Wrote:Wow, I needed an excuse to get an HDHR, now I have one! Is it still happening?

Hey c0diq -

I found a workaround, but I assume the problem is still there. Let me try it out later. (FYI the workaround is that I pulled the HDHR off the network and direct-connected it to a dedicated spare LAN port on my server, so it's not accessible from xbmc).
Just to clarify here...
I've been holding off on upgrading XBMC for a while now since UPnP was not working on newer versions. Are you all saying that it's now safe to upgrade? UPnP is fully functional on xbmc for xbox again with the latest rev?
sion28 Wrote:Just to clarify here...
I've been holding off on upgrading XBMC for a while now since UPnP was not working on newer versions. Are you all saying that it's now safe to upgrade? UPnP is fully functional on xbmc for xbox again with the latest rev?

I'm interested to know the answer of this too

Thanks
Bump... can someone verify the above? Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uPNP problems sometime after rev211420