• 4(current)
[REQUEST] Sirius Script or Plugin? - Satellite internet radio streams online player?
Thanks Ed.... I took a look at the substition solution provided above and was completely lost when I started looking at it. I have dl your files and will try out today - I am in the US so I will post back and give you feedback.

Thanks again.
No luck here. I used your files and it just stays at the loading screen for 15 - 20 minutes without anything else.....

Using the following Siriuss script - U.S. version 1.2.1

Any other suggestionsHuh I really miss this script.
Sad 
Hm, not sure. I've got 1.2 on my XBOX, wonder if that makes a difference?

I'm not really a programmer, I think I got lucky with mine.

Dumb questions:

Changed un and pw in runsirius.py?
Copied siriusbase.py into the proper directory (SiriusLib)?
Waved magic chicken bones over XBOX?

Seriously, I've not the background to troubleshoot... Perhaps someone with real skills will get the script working properly.
A bit more info.

I'm working with someone else who is getting an error.

I licked the taking forever to cache by setting the cache setting for "Internet" in XBMC from 4M to 256K. If you remember, way back, we had to change the cache for "Unknown" to make it cache quicker.

My guess is at some point, Sirius changed stream types too.

His error is:

Quote:Apparently XBMC has problems playing this type of URL. Hopefully this will work in the future.

Look familiar?

Hes got a copy of my entire sirius directory off the XBOX, we'll see if we can narrow things down a bit.
Oh, BTW, mines still working - the guy I'm working with is checking XBMC version now.
Since there seemed to be a bunch of people having trouble with the diff I posted, here is a new zip file I've called XBMCsiriusCanada version 1.2a. It has my stream fixes, plus the fix for the DogStarRadio currently playing stuff.

XBMCsiriusCanada-1.2a.zip
ed_m Wrote:Oh, BTW, mines still working - the guy I'm working with is checking XBMC version now.

I get the same thing your friend is getting... I am running the 1-26-2008 version of XBMC Pimped...

- J*
Jumpstile Wrote:I get the same thing your friend is getting... I am running the 1-26-2008 version of XBMC Pimped...

- J*

Well, we finally got it working on his XBOX (USA Sirius)

Just sending my Sirius directory to him didn't cut it - he needed to install the entire XBMC dir from scratch.

No clue why its working on mine, but I'm hesitant to post my entire XBMC directory publically. Anyone got any ideas?
What version are you guys running?

- J*
Jumpstile Wrote:What version are you guys running?

- J*

XBMC: 2.0.1 - Nov 12, 2006
Mplayer Sep 24 2006
Hi Ed,

I realized that I didn't put the files in the correct folder - did that and now I get the following error:

Apparently XBMC has problems playing this type of URL.

I am using version 1.2.1 of the USA sirus script and the most current t3ch version of xbmc.

I also tried the chicken bones - no joy with that technique either.... Big Grin
bronco28 Wrote:Hi Ed,

I realized that I didn't put the files in the correct folder - did that and now I get the following error:

Apparently XBMC has problems playing this type of URL.

I am using version 1.2.1 of the USA sirus script and the most current t3ch version of xbmc.

I also tried the chicken bones - no joy with that technique either.... Big Grin

Thats the error he was getting... Like I said, I ended up sending him my XBMC directory, which worked for Sirius, but his fan "sounds like a 747 taking off" so I suspect theres some inconsistencies still.

I'm tempted to upgrade my XBMC install to the latest and greatest and see if this problem occurs - it might be something that a newer version broke.
this worked beautifully for me, thanks a bunch icolquhoun!
Using the testnoxbox.py script on my pc will give me a url like the following:
Quote:http://a1546.l2280061692.c22800.g.lm.aka...wmext=.asx
Loading this up in Firefox kicks off Windows Media Player and plays fine. I also created a playlist.strm file on the xbox placed a fresh url into it and played it fine from the file. I have no idea why the py script won't play it.

The script breaks around line 95 in RunSirius.py, looks like this is the section where is sends the url to the xbmc player.

Quote:xbmc.Player().play(sirURL)
if xbmc.Player().isPlaying():
popup = PlayingStream()
popup.setSirius(self.sir)
popup.doModal()
del popup
xbmc.Player().stop()
except:
print formatExceptionInfo()
dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()
dialog.ok("Problem playing this URL...",
"Apparently XBMC has problems playing this type of URL. Hopefully this will work in the future. Sad")

I don't know the xbmc scripting to figure how to fix but this seems to be where the script is failing and xbmc is able to play the url.
I would like to add I have this working fine with the 2.0.1 FAT t3ch release. Using the updated files on this tread and reducing the Cache under Video -> Internet to 0.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Sirius Script or Plugin? - Satellite internet radio streams online player?0