• 6(current)
[REQUEST] Sirius Script or Plugin? - Satellite internet radio streams online player?
I know that Voinage has mentioned this in the past - any update?
This script wasn't working for me either. I've been messing with this script for a few days and I got it working now. Works fine on my XBOX. I was previously getting "LOADING....." or "Can't play this media type". Now it plays OK! I'd love for someone else to let me know if my modifications work for them...

What's the best way for me to distribute it for others to test? Should I zip up my whole SIRIUS script directory and post it here?
joshftx Wrote:This script wasn't working for me either. I've been messing with this script for a few days and I got it working now. Works fine on my XBOX. I was previously getting "LOADING....." or "Can't play this media type". Now it plays OK! I'd love for someone else to let me know if my modifications work for them...

What's the best way for me to distribute it for others to test? Should I zip up my whole SIRIUS script directory and post it here?
Put it up on Rapidshare, Megaupload, mediafire, etc.....and I'll test it out on linux. Been waiting for a Sirius script. Cool
Thumbs Up 
I've posted a new version of this broken script for streaming Sirius. I hope it works for others as it seems to work for me now. You must have a valid Sirius Username and Password or a valid Guest account. Please give me some feedback as this is my first script modification.

Here's the changelog:

1.3 (9/4/08)
-changed RunSirius.py to write HTTP stream to STRM playlist, then play playlist using xbmc.PlayList(0).
-modified SiriusBase.py with updated dogstar URL
-added changes from xbmc.org post 164861 from Ed_M 1/08 for SyriusBase.py and RunSirius.py
-removed new version checker

http://rapidshare.com/files/142720520/XB...3.zip.html
Thanks for resurrecting this script - I missed it. I loaded it onto my XP (Atlantis alpha 4) setup and have mixed results so far. It logs on, I can browse the genres and then into specific channels. But when trying to play a channel I get a buffering dialog and then get kicked back to the channel list. It's late and could very well be something I missed on my side - I'll give it a fresh try this weekend on a classic Xbox or Vista64 build.

What platform(s)/builds are you seeing success with?
i was not able to get this working on my XP box either. I run it on my Soft-modded Xbox. Not sure of the XBMC build. I'll check it when I get home.

Check the paths in RunSirius.py. Part of my script change tries to write the stream location to sirius.strm into q:\\scripts\\sirius

If you don't have that folder it won't work. You could change it to any path you like or create that folder.
I just wanted to post a success story, since there haven't been any others. I finally updated my xbox xbmc now that Atlantis was released, and did a bit of a housecleaning of my apps/scripts. I grabbed this new sirius script and it worked perfectly. Thanks joshftx!

The only issue I have is that it takes a long time to fill up the cache when I first launch a station. I don't mind this, but it makes the "now playing" info on-screen get out of sync. It's generally one song ahead, making it a "coming next" screen instead of a "now playing" screen... which is actually kinda cool.
pantherman007 Wrote:It logs on, I can browse the genres and then into specific channels. But when trying to play a channel I get a buffering dialog and then get kicked back to the channel list. It's late and could very well be something I missed on my side - I'll give it a fresh try this weekend on a classic Xbox or Vista64 build.

Browsing here and found this... like joshftx, I'm keeping the RunXM script up to date with XM's current stations and online streams. I've run into this as well on everything but the original xbox (Windows and Mac XBMC installations). I can't figure out a reason for it, however, I have found that (on RunXM's side), selecting a channel once will start the stream, clicking on that same channel a second time gets it to the now playing screen. I think that XBMC's RunXM was originally based on the XBMCSirius script, so it would make sense for both to be doing this, however, I can't think of a way to fix this in either case.

biomonk Wrote:The only issue I have is that it takes a long time to fill up the cache when I first launch a station. I don't mind this, but it makes the "now playing" info on-screen get out of sync. It's generally one song ahead, making it a "coming next" screen instead of a "now playing" screen... which is actually kinda cool.

This is because your streaming cache is high. Go to Settings, System, Cache, and change the "Unknown cache type - Internet" setting to something lower, like 256kb
I have had the same problem...

I tested the URL generated by the script by cutting pasting from the sirius.strm file, and it plays perfectly in WMP, MPlayer, Media Player Classic. So the only problem is the code launching the player.

Anyone know of alternatives to the xbmc.Player() class?

I'd rather not launch an external player because that defeats the purpose of getting an XBMC script working!!
joshftx, just an fyi...

no huge thing here, but, since the script file name is RunSirius.py, when in the scripts listing on XBMC, you'll have a directory listing of the Sirius folder, then you'd have to select RunSirius from that following list. if you rename RunSirius.py to default.py, selecting Sirius from the scripts listing will run the program, instead of a directory listing.

if you want to make it easier for upgrades to new versions, you could also create a new script called "default.py", then in that use only the line "import RunSirius.py"

might make it a little easier! :-)
Howdy,

I've been working on trying to get a Sirius script working in XBMC and Boxee (http://www.boxee.tv).

Basically, I have taken components of various scripts that others have worked on...and have ended up with several configurations that work perfectly from login, through authentication, channel/category generation, etc, right up until the part where XBMC plays the stream. I can select the channels, and can confirm that a .STRM file is created with the proper URL for that channel. To confirm that the .STRM files contain accurate information, I paste them into just about any media player and they play fine, with ONE notable exception -- mplayer.

Mplayer is the only ASX capable media player I have tried that will not play these streams. If you try to cut/paste the URL for a Sirius ASX stream into Mplayer, it truncates the URL after about 270 characters, leaving off the last 25+ characters. Obviously it can not play the stream without the entire URL.

Unfortunately, XBMC's media player is based on the Mplayer core, which is probably why after the "Opening Stream" dialog is shown (with the full and proper URL), a "Terminating" dialog is shown (because the Mplayer core can not accept the long URL).

That's my theory, anyhow. Smile

Any thoughts/suggestions?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36748

This works fine
Sorry, Voinage...I should have clarified that I'm trying to run the script outside of the XBOX environment (XBMC/Boxee on PC Windows and/or Linux), and the XBMCSirius script does not appear to be platform independent.

That being said, I am able to tweak it to run fine in Windows...but it will not play the streams.

What seems to be broken in Windows and Linux is the ability to pass the long URL from the .STRM file into the xbmc.Player() function...or as my theory goes, the ability of the built in media player to accept that URL.
Clarifying my previous post: I am trying to run this script on a PC in either Windows or Linux. It does not work.

It seems that MPlayer (which XBMC uses as its audio engine) can not parse the ASX stream except on the XBOX...or am I wrong? Does someone have this working on Windows or Linux?

Here is the output from Mplayer for Windows if anyone is interested:

Quote:Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\...\desktop\MPlayer-1.0rc2>mplayer http://a1
108.l2280060742.c22800.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1108/22800/v0001/reflector:60742?
aifp=abcd&partner=sirius_online_player&stream=howardstern100&auth=db.bMa5bEc0bYc
waYdjbNbrcKbMbFdzdwcJ-bju.v7-8-vga-rHRrrsc9bhkjtbt9r9pjs0l5pTm5pTsYr4kWmj&token=24e349ea3ad830b66818c0452d29ea85&login_type=subscriber&login=XXXXXX&campaign=null&bitrate=high&wmcache=0&mswmext=.asx

MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.1 © 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel® Atom™ CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz (Family: 6, Model: 28, Stepping: 2)
CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.

Playing http://a1108.l2280060742.c22800.g.lm.aka...2800/v0001
/reflector:60742?aifp=abcd.
Resolving a1108.l2280060742.c22800.g.lm.akamaistream.net for AF_INET...
Connecting to server a1108.l2280060742.c22800.g.lm.akamaistream.net[206.132.192.
157]: 80...
STREAM_ASF, URL: http://a1108.l2280060742.c22800.g.lm.aka.../D/1108/22
800/v0001/reflector:60742?aifp=abcd
Connecting to server a1108.l2280060742.c22800.g.lm.akamaistream.net[206.132.192.
unknown ASF streaming type
Failed, exiting.
Cache size set to 320 KBytes
Cache fill: 0.07% (221 bytes)

Exiting... (End of file)
'partner' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'stream' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'auth' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'token' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'login_type' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'login' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'campaign' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'bitrate' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'wmcache' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'mswmext' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Sirius Script or Plugin? - Satellite internet radio streams online player?0