• 7(current)
[REQUEST] Sirius Script or Plugin? - Satellite internet radio streams online player?
i think this works, but don't kill the messenger if not...

check the first post in this topic forum for an updated sirius script:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36748
No updates for getting this to work on an XP (windows) box? It looks as though the newest RUNXM script is working just fine on windows xp (i'm testing with an XM trial account). I'm not a programmer, but am a technician, I will be happy to help test whatever is needed.
The thing I think that is breaking the Sirius script is Sirius' own use of the "CAPTCHA" text input when logging in. I'm not sure how this can be fixed using/manipulating the current code, as I don't know how their captcha's work, but I'm looking into it with a trial account, and have made some progress on it. Apparently they monitor the number of times you login throughout the day, so currently my two trial accounts are frozen from logging in until tomorrow. However, I have gotten to the point where it opens and tries to play the location.

There were several problems with the scripts however, which seem to have been fixed by my revisions. These are:
-- The script called for several external files, however, the locations weren't formatted properly across all XBMC variations. The stream file would call for "q:/scripts/Sirius/sirius.strm," however, on linux variation, there is no q: drive, it would instead be something like "/usr/scripts/Sirius/sirius.strm"
-- The script calls for logo images from sirius' website, however they are no longer coded/named by station stream/channel numbers; the coding is still there, but commented out.
-- Added a button to enter "captcha" information, but not sure if the captcha displays as it should.

You MAY be able to bypass the captcha process...
1. In whatever browser you use, go to http://www.useragent.org/
2. Copy the whole line after "Your User Agent is: "
3. Copy/Download the SiriusLib/SiriusBase.py file to some place on your computer
==> for me, this would be
==> "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 Creative ZENcast v2.01.01"
4. At line 36, paste the content that was copied from step 2 between the text self.txheaders = {'User-Agent':' and '}
==> for me, this would be
==> "self.txheaders = {'User-Agent':'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 Creative ZENcast v2.01.01'}
5. Save and replace/upload the file to where you downloaded it from.
6. Check your Sirius streaming script on XBMC

I'm uploading this only to my website and no official plugin/scripts site, since I can't verify if its working yet. Leave your experience as well.
http://www.leknifragonline.net/RunXM/Sirius.zip
Thanks, but it doesn't have any effect.
It still behaves the same - the script launches, the categories are listed (music, sports,etc.), select music, then genre, then choose a channel - it starts to load, but just sits there at "Loading - Please Wait..." and nothing ever loads.
BTW - I have a full acct.
Is this with doing the possible work around I posted in the previous message?

The script was generally broken, now been revised to where it enters the captcha text automatically again, and it will at least try to open the audio stream, but it will say either that playing the playlist failed too many consecutive times, or it will return to the channel listings- at least in my experiences. This will be the most I can do now since I no longer have any access to Sirius' online streams with a free trial. A revision was posted at the same address as a prior message, though I'll repost it again here...
http://www.leknifragonline.net/RunXM/Sirius.zip
Sirius would make my wife very happy!

I changed the "Unknown type Cache - Internet" to 256, and rebooted my xbox. then verified the setting was changed.

"Cache size set to 4096 KBytes" was what was displayed when I tried to loan a channel. took a long time to cache

any ideas?
leorik Wrote:I changed the "Unknown type Cache - Internet" to 256, and rebooted my xbox. then verified the setting was changed.

"Cache size set to 4096 KBytes" was what was displayed when I tried to loan a channel. took a long time to cache

The "Unkown cache type - Internet" should definately be the setting to change to decrease the cache size, though I don't know why it shows up cache size set to 4096kb. Are any of the cache settings at 4096kb?
I'm having trouble with this script as well...When I open it. The Categories and Stations load. I can click on it. The name of the artist and song title display, but I do not hear any music. I changed the username and password and my path to this:

You can set this path below to whatever matches your location
text_file = open("e:\\apps\\XBMC\\scripts\\sirius\\sirius.strm", "w")
text_file.write (sirURL+"\n")
text_file.close()
sirPlay = 'e:\\apps\\XBMC\\scripts\\sirius\\sirius.strm'
xbmc.PlayList(0).load(sirPlay)
xbmc.Player().play()
maseline_98 Wrote:I'm having trouble with this script as well...When I open it. The Categories and Stations load. I can click on it. The name of the artist and song title display, but I do not hear any music. I changed the username and password and my path to this:

text_file.close()
xbmc.Player().play()

Well...now I'm just getting a black screen with nothing displaying..
maseline_98 Wrote:I'm having trouble with this script as well...When I open it. The Categories and Stations load. I can click on it. The name of the artist and song title display, but I do not hear any music. I changed the username and password and my path to this:

text_file.close()
xbmc.Player().play()

Yeah i can login as well and see whats playing but no sound whatsoever. Ive gone through all the settings but cant seem to figure this out. Anyone?
spasticpitbull Wrote:Yeah i can login as well and see whats playing but no sound whatsoever. Ive gone through all the settings but cant seem to figure this out. Anyone?

I tried setting the paths back (to q:\\...) and then I was getting the a black screen with the no song info(i.e. artist/song title), but I was getting, "Song lists provided by..xxxxxx.com" or whatever).
calvin8714 Wrote:i think this works, but don't kill the messenger if not...

check the first post in this topic forum for an updated sirius script:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36748

Has anybody got this to work yet?
This script works OK on XBOX. I haven't tested on any other platforms. Here's instructions for getting it working, and also for streaming Sirius on your Windows Mobile Phone:

http://networkjew.com/2009/02/25/stream-...ws-mobile/
joshftx Wrote:This script works OK on XBOX. I haven't tested on any other platforms. Here's instructions for getting it working, and also for streaming Sirius on your Windows Mobile Phone:

http://networkjew.com/2009/02/25/stream-...ws-mobile/

I'm using this on the XBOX and get the Song Title and Album Title, but there is no sound what-so-ever? Is there something that I'm doing wrong? I'm confused...Huh

All my cache settings are @256kb, except for 'Unknown type Cache - Internet', which is set to 'Off'
Anyone know if a working script/plugin exists to stream Sirius (not XM). I know a few existed in the past but all seem to be long since updated/working.

TYVM!!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Sirius Script or Plugin? - Satellite internet radio streams online player?0