• 1(current)
[REQUEST] Sirius Script or Plugin? - Satellite internet radio streams online player?
Lightbulb 
i'm a satellite radio subscriber (sirius). as a subscriber i have access to all my satellite stations as streaming internet radio stations. i'm not sure of the format but it would be great to be able to stream these to xbmc so i could listen from there as well. has anyone dabbled with this yet?
i was wondering about this.

i think we can do shoutcasting in xbmc right? (im a new user and havent been through all of the features yet, and shoutcasting wasnt high on my priority list). i would think if shoutcasting is possible, tuning into internet radio steams is technologically feasible. i believe it might be a matter of permissions? a partnership with sirius might be needed?
Sad 
we already support both shoutcast and http streaming, but we don't support those of such that require username/password authentication:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....=4;t=25
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Lightbulb 
i subscribe to sirius satelite and we also get online service with it. it requires a logon and password. wondering if anyone could make a script so i could listen to it on my xbox that would rock. thanks in advance
hi about your post with sirius satellite. maybe i could have a look but need access. tell me where i can have this look and maybe give me access or something to make my mind.
see ya
i wouldn't mind seeing this feature as well.  i am a subscriber and although i do like the streaming audio in xbmc, it would be nice to be able to access the commercial free music from sirius.

if you are still looking for info to login and check sirius out for yourself, you can sign up for a free 3 day pass at their website.
-
i have a sirius satellite radio in my car.
as a subscriber, they give you a password so that you can stream their music on your pc.

is there a way that i can set up xbmc to access my account and stream sirius through my xbox?
i have a sirius satellite radio in my car.
as a subscriber, they give you a password so that you can stream their music on your pc.

is there a way that i can set up xbmc to access my account and stream sirius through my xbox?
depends what format their internet stream is. can you play it with plain vanilla windows media player or do you need a special plugin/application?
depends what format their internet stream is. can you play it with plain vanilla windows media player or do you need a special plugin/application?
Star 
i agree this would be a great feature, i have xm online and it uses wmp with authentacation.
Smile 
i've started work on a script to access sirius' online streams. so far it only works in their guest area (because i'm not a member quite yet). hopefully i'll be able to test in the members area soon and make the necessary changes.

it's sorta barebones right now, but it works. any suggestions are welcome.

sirius guest access script

mike rosack
[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
new version with subscriber access support! this will probably be the last version for a while (until i actually get sirius). note that only the music stations work reliably - i'm going to have to work on the url parsing for some of the others.

xbmcsirius-0.2.zip

i'm going to upload this version to xbmcscripts. if anyone wants to make feature additions in the meantime, feel free.

mike rosack
[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
good job man... script works great.

thanks a lot for this. i've been wanting it for a while, i just didn't know how to code it myself Smile
just an update - all future releases will be here:

http://sacknet.org/sirius/

or at xbmcscripts.com.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Sirius Script or Plugin? - Satellite internet radio streams online player?0