• 38(current)
Chokey's Project Mayhem Discussion
there goes my birthday present! lol no they're right, take your time.
running internet radio(kml) in the background with the latest 3/4/2005 xbmc causes the all of the menu's to lose the blue background (using project mayhem ii skin for xbmc, aqt, and kml browswer). as soon as the music is stopped, change to a submenu and go back and the background color is back. any ideas for this one?
thx
i noticed something wierd from 3/4/05 cvs build. from settings, if you go into one menu, then immediately exit and go to another, random tabs are highlighted on the left. as soon as you attempt to move to another tab, it goes back to normal and works like it is supposed to. this was with the project mayhem ii skin. also, from genre view in my videos, there are what appear to be a few actors names, no big deal, just thought you might like to know.

i have a question, what is the format you are supposed to name video files? also, if i have them named correctly is imdb more accurate when i am scanning a directory to add to the database? is it possible to select scan and have it go through, find a result, display the filename, then what it found, and provide a dialog something like, "is this your movie?" "yes." or "no." and if it is not, then it will find the next closest until it is out of choices? at that point it would just be left with a new option to manually add it to the database with your own information filled out through a few dialogs so you can pull information about the file later?

i am not sure if this is a gui thing or not, but is there any possible way to use a qwerty style onboard keyboard? also, a number pad to the right of the keyboard would certainly make input much easier, and so much more user-friendly.

sorry to post this all at once, it sounds like i am pretty bitchy, hehe. these are the things i have been hoping would be implemented and/or changed for awhile now. unfortunately, i do not know how to do it myself, i would love to be able to help the team out in any way i can. anyways, excellent work to the team and to choke, i cannot wait to be navigating around project mayhem iii. i know you said it will be harder to implement as a default skin because it has to work in all resolutions, but it would be really really really really awesome? are you accepting donations on sf? i would gladly donate if you would try to get it into cvs. anyways, take your time with it, don't rush it, all will be well.

regards
(los93sol @ mar. 06 2005,18:31 Wrote:i noticed something wierd from 3/4/05 cvs build. from settings, if you go into one menu, then immediately exit and go to another, random tabs are highlighted on the left. as soon as you attempt to move to another tab, it goes back to normal and works like it is supposed to. this was with the project mayhem ii skin.
i also notice that but i don't think that got anything to do with the skin but more to the xbmc build..
Quote:running internet radio(kml) in the background with the latest 3/4/2005 xbmc causes the all of the menu's to lose the blue background (using project mayhem ii skin for xbmc, aqt, and kml browswer). as soon as the music is stopped, change to a submenu and go back and the background color is back. any ideas for this one?
thx

Quote:i noticed something wierd from 3/4/05 cvs build. from settings, if you go into one menu, then immediately exit and go to another, random tabs are highlighted on the left. as soon as you attempt to move to another tab, it goes back to normal and works like it is supposed to. this was with the project mayhem ii skin. also, from genre view in my videos, there are what appear to be a few actors names, no big deal, just thought you might like to know.

i wasnt able to reproduce these 'bugs'

Quote:i have a question, what is the format you are supposed to name video files? also, if i have them named correctly is imdb more accurate when i am scanning a directory to add to the database? is it possible to select scan and have it go through, find a result, display the filename, then what it found, and provide a dialog something like, "is this your movie?" "yes." or "no." and if it is not, then it will find the next closest until it is out of choices? at that point it would just be left with a new option to manually add it to the database with your own information filled out through a few dialogs so you can pull information about the file later?

i only have 2 movies - the ones on the screenshots in my gallery are dummies - maybe post that not a more general forum...

Quote:i am not sure if this is a gui thing or not, but is there any possible way to use a qwerty style onboard keyboard? also, a number pad to the right of the keyboard would certainly make input much easier, and so much more user-friendly.

thing is:

1. som countries are using qwertz instead of qwerty
2. a keyboard like that has three lines of buttons

q w e r t z u i o p
a s d f g h j k l
y x c v b n m

you see its nearly impossible to make a rechtangular layout with that.

we are gonna implement a numpad-only version thou - for ips and such

Quote:i know you said it will be harder to implement as a default skin because it has to work in all resolutions, but it would be really really really really awesome? are you accepting donations on sf? i would gladly donate if you would try to get it into cvs. anyways, take your time with it, don't rush it, all will be well.

once im done with skinning everything and it went beta, i will most likely look into porting it to 720p - guess this will be a tough one this time thou...

any project mayhem donations are always welcome Smile

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

the new music visualization overlay is very very nice.

i lub it :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
excellent, thanks for the response.  i see what you are saying about the keyboard layour, couldn't you do something similar to a 'normal' keyboard layout where you could use like the number row across the top and backspace, enter, shift, etc. keys to make it a rectangle?

something like:

`  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = back
tab q w e r t y u i o p [ ]  \
cap a s d f g h j k l ; ' enter
shift z x c v b n m , . /   shift
ctrl alt  _   alt ctrl

that would give you the rectangular layout you want/need.  just a thought, also to suit those using qwertz keyboard formats, this could possibly be an option in settings under appearance, or an option in the .xml.  or perhaps it could be selected for you when you select your language?  i don't know if that would work out for people or not, but it seems reasonable to me, however i am not a programmer so i appologize for my ignorance.

then for the number pad, it could be off to the right and i am sure you already have that part laid out.  it would be nice to have it implemented the same way, just as a 'normal' keyboard has it.

# / * -
7 8 9 +
4 5 6
1 2 3 enter
, 0 .

or something to that effect.  anyways, just tossing some ideas around, i am sure you already know what you want, and i love your work so no matter what, it is going to be great!
i found that the menu's going with the dark background only happens when running 1080i 16:9. i was able to re-create with a clean install as well.
about the keyboard - that would involve recoding it and most likely break all skins again

about the bug - the xbox is just not made for hdtv resolutions (64mb ram)

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

ahh, with the bug, i am running 4:3 on a dreamx 1480 with 128 mb ram upgrade as well as the processor upgrade. i am not running 1080i, just whatever the default option is.
gotta be great Cool

thanks for the response, will try a mem upgrade and see how that does.
upgrade my box too :p

the dreamx people should sposor a dreamx for me :d

hi, thanks for the great skins. i allways prefered project mayhem ii, and i dl'd the newest version that is compatible with xbmc 1.22.

kraqh3d has been doing some work with the my music nav function and added a shuffle feature for this. see...

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....53;st=0

anyway, the shuffle feature is available in project mayhem i that is default xbmc skin but dissapears when skin is switched to project mayhem ii.

thanks - jc
after 550+ posts at this forum, i think its about time to have my own message boards again.

i just put this up today. so please all you guys come over there to join the discussion.

click here to go to the project mayhem forum

• 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chokey's Project Mayhem Discussion0