Fullscreen vs Windowed mode problem
I just updated to the latest svn, and now everytime I start XBMCl in fullscreen it thinks it is in windows mode (correct resolution, but shows taskbar and box around xbmc. I found out if i go into settings and toggle the screen to go to windowed mode and then fullscreen it fixes it until I restart the computer. Has anyone else noticed this. Also when I put it into windowed mode it freezes often. I'll post a debug log in a little while.

Windows XP SP3
Updated all drivers
Skin- does it in all.

-Evan
I just noticed this as well.. Haven't checked the forums or kept up to date in a while so I dunno what's changed, but I have to do the same thing every time I start Xbmc.. (Switch to Windowed and then back to fullscreen)

Running on Vista x64 here..
I had to go to Settings|Appearance|Screen and select Full Screen #2 in the resolution option to get rid of the taskbar even though I only had 1 screen.
I have the same problem since i update to the last SVN...
Stare
I've updated a couple times in the last week, and at first, XBMC had SERIOUS video issues, where the screen would be completely jumbled except for a small 'window' at the bottom left of my TV that showed XBMC. I switched away from Full Screen #2 (I think) and it fixed the jumble issue, but now the task bar is showing.

I haven't tried switching back to Full Screen #2 to see if recent updates fixed it though.
Read the homepage, this stuff has been out in the open for WEEKS now. Downgrade as necessary.
I updated again last night and see the fullscreen problem I was having has been fixed... Nod
Hi all,

Same problem!

I don't remember which of the latests svn's caused the issue but I cannot find the correct downgrade version (before the bug).

Does anybody knows the correct?? Please help me.

When I try to manually edit guisettings.xml and change the screen resolution to 13 (1280x720 full screen at second monitor) the application crashes at startup, only resolution 12 (1280x720 full screen primary monitor) works fine but with the annoying windowed mode. I'm not sure about first and second monitor, in the newests builds I can't find the second monitor support.

Thank you.
same here, from some time..now at Rev23209-dx

this is an image of the problem...
gulp Wrote:same here, from some time..now at Rev23209-dx

this is an image of the problem...

Exactly!

Did you solved with 23209 Huh?

Thank you.
tAmE Wrote:Exactly!

Did you solved with 23209 Huh?

Thank you.

No
Same problem here. A sollution for me was to make a shortcut and change properties of the shortcut to maximized. Though this methode isn't working with the silentlaunch shell method cause i can't start a shortcut with that program. Anyone got a fix for this problem?
Hello Guys,

same problem here. I have a Windows 7 x64 setup..

Xmbc is in autostart. I even have a delay (30secs / longer /shorter) built in.

and that taskbar just stays there when XBMC gets booted with -fs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fullscreen vs Windowed mode problem0