Can XBMC send audio through multiple audio output devices at the same time ?
Question 
I'm preparing to build my XBMC based HTPC and I have a rare need to send the same audio out both RCA and Optical audio at the same time.

My TV only has DVI so I must use RCA in and on my receiver I use optical audio in for 5.1 playback. My goal is to have the audio playing through both the TV speakers and the audio receiver.

Does anyone know if this is supported ?

Thanks you.
aupton Wrote:I'm preparing to build my XBMC based HTPC and I have a rare need to send the same audio out both RCA and Optical audio at the same time.

My TV only has DVI so I must use RCA in and on my receiver I use optical audio in for 5.1 playback. My goal is to have the audio playing through both the TV speakers and the audio receiver.

Does anyone know if this is supported ?

Thanks you.

My thought would be to have your receiver send it's RCA output to the TV.

So: From XBMC Digital Audio Out from your Sound Cards optical out sent to your Receivers Optical Input for the 5.1 Digital Sound and then from the Receiver itself send it back out via it's RCA output jacks to your TV. Yes?

My Mid-Range Onkyo Receiver lets me choose mutliple output paths for any incoming audio source.

Cheers
CyberMaxX
Thank you for your response, unfortunatelly my receiver is a Sony and a bit older... maybe 8 years now and doesn't do digital audio conversion to analog. So any audio coming in over optical will not automatically convert to analog over the standard RCA output. Perhaps I will buy a new receiver.

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can XBMC send audio through multiple audio output devices at the same time ?0