One XBMC. Multiple Views.
Hi all, I've been running XBMC on my home theatre for a year and damn is it bloody awesome Big Grin

Now I'm trying to move on to the next step. Running XBMC in multiple rooms in the house.

What I am trying to do is have one install of XBMC or its backend (I'm not sure how XBMC stores its stuff) and have multiple PC's around the house being able to use it, having independant control over what to watch.

I can't see an easy way to do this so am seeing if anyone else has done this. With MythTV this was easy as it just used a central filesystem and a MySQL database to store its metadata then you startup multiple viewers wherever you want.

Cheers.

[EDIT] Forgot to say, all PC's are running Linux.
Honestly it's just easier to share the drives from a main system with nfs (or samba if you have any windows machines) and use a different database for each computer.
I have a main system i use for data storage in my living room and 3 other computers aside from it running xbmc.
I make sure every show or movie has proper nfo files and all the associated image files and have each client set to update on startup.
This works pretty well, and I only occasionally have to do a database clean on the systems outside the living room.

While it's possible and not too difficult to share one database, you sure has hell don't want multiple clients trying to read from and write to it at the same time. :p
Trust me this is just a damn nightmare.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One XBMC. Multiple Views.0