Ubuntu/Linux/ZotacIon n330
Everything is working as smooth as an Androids behind now. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH. I cant wait to pop some corn, pop a brewskie or two and watch some Star Trek!

YOU ALL ROCK!
Well done my man, and well done everyone helping him out - I love this scene!
Hey guys Im back for more help. I have been running XBMCLive fine since my last post sometime late last year. Since then Ive added to my Storage and am using FreeNAS with 7TB of space on it. Since Ive added to the space Ive added obviously my amount of Movies. I am currently at over 500. That is the backround.

My issue is this. I cannot get XBMC to play from the Movies selection without it locking up upon pushing stop or trying to pause it. Sometimes it wont even play it will just lock up and ill have to reboot.

I did a FULL reinstall of XBMCLive about a thousand times, tried to run the latest updates and even installed all the updated drivers for NVidia.

I can get it to play from the file section in Videos most of the time. Ive bought a new 80GB HDD for it as well. Ive tried many different installs and options and I get the same results. It doesnt want to work from the Movies section.

I am also getting some occations where it is skipping and not playing smoothly until I reboot. I found that if I uninstalled the latest update it worked fine. Is there a limitation to the amount of files that XBMC can handle? I wouldnt think so, but this is where myself and my buddy have been thinkin the issue is. He just bought a brand new Core 2 Duo with 2GB ram and installed it all and he is running into the EXACT same issue. Fresh installs, new hardware same results everytime. He is at 9TB with a little under 600 movies and we both started to get this issues at about the 500 mark. Anyone out there have any Idea what may be the issue?

HELP PLEASE! Thanks a million you guys rock.
Rookie, how are you connecting to your NAS? over samba?

My debian NAS server/gateway abomination isnt as large as yours (only 3TB) but i dont have any problems your reporting.
I connect via NFS with a mount point in my home folder which i then tell XBMC to connect to.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SettingUpNFSHowTo

that was the guide to how i set up my NFS server and Client.
An example of my client side fstab contains the following;

192.168.1.1:/mnt/usb /home/xbmc/mnt/usb nfs auto 0 0

Breakdown;
gateway:/location where i want to mount File system options etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu/Linux/ZotacIon n3300