retail patch xbe
Hi there,

i got a softmodded xbox with retail bios,
the precompiled binaries i downloaded have all been "retail patched",

my short questions:

which program is the best for that, and is still working with newest xbmc builds?
do i need to patch anything else than default.xbe?
or is it just better to overwrite my bios ?

i found some very old programs with hardly any infos about them, forum search or google didnt help me either

nice greetings to everybody
schubi Wrote:Hi there,

i got a softmodded xbox with retail bios,

this is all you need

Quote:the precompiled binaries i downloaded have all been "retail patched",

doesn't mean anything important to running xbmc.

Quote:which program is the best for that, and is still working with newest xbmc builds?
do i need to patch anything else than default.xbe?
or is it just better to overwrite my bios ?

best for what?
you don't need to patch anything, if your xbox is already soft modded
you shouldn't overwrite your bios or anything related to your softmod.

Quote:i found some very old programs with hardly any infos about them, forum search or google didnt help me either

getting the xbod soft modded and/or xbmc running really hasn't change in years, so there probably isnt alot of 'new' information around.

if your xbox boots to unleashx or evolutionx, all you need to do to get xbmc running is ftp it (the xbmc folder extracted from your xbmc download) to your xbox and run it from your evo-x/unleashx.
i maybe forgot to mention i wanna compile xbmc builds myself.

i thought i need to retail-patch the default.xbe if i have a retail bios and not a dev bios ?
if not whats the point of retail patching at all ??

have a nice day everybody
Some older console hacks did not allow systems to boot debug XBEs. These are now very rare; if your softmod is anywhere near half way up to date, it's not something you need to worry about.

Debug XBEs are only really useful if you wish to do some actual debugging. If you're compiling your own builds, then you don't need to create debug executables at all: You can create retail ones directly. I don't know of anyone who bothers to distribute debug builds.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
if i use the build.bat, will it be a debug version or a retail version ?

im kinda confused cause for example T3CH always mentions that the builds were retail patched after compiling
"Build.bat" should give you a retail build, while "Build.Debug.bat" will give you a debug build.

Retail mode XBEs (for XBMC at least) tend to average about 7mb. Debug ones are something like 18mb.

(The Xbox SVN address was recently changed, if you don't have a "Build.Debug.bat", then you've got the wrong repository checked out).

T3CH seems to be using the term "patched" loosely. Though it also wouldn't surprise me if she does actually patch them...
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
ok thanks for helping me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
retail patch xbe0