[Feature request] Wide Icon Support
Is there any way to get wide full wide icon support for games, tv shows etc.? I am a long time xtv user but I am now hooked on Transparency. The only thing is the majority of my stuff is set up for full wide icons and I would like to be able to use them with this amazing skin. Is there some simple way to add this view type?
i'm not sure what "full wide icons" are, aren't they the same as the 'banners' used in the 'wide icon' view in Transparency! ?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'm sorry I meant "Big Wide"

king bongmaster Wrote:I'm sorry I meant "Big Wide"

thanx. they're similar to the 'wide icon' view in Transparency!
most people only use these for TV Shows, but if there's a large interest in having this view available in other places i'll consider adding it.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Well there obviously must not be a huge interest in having this view type. But I would still like to have it as a mod maybe, it would sure make my kid happy! If you could even point me in the direction maybe I could figure out how to do something like this. Thanks!

It looks like this guy over at xbox-scene wants to figure out how to do it too..

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=694165

The Wide Icon Project
start by including the wide-icon view in all the My***.xml files.
for this, make the modifications to these files:

-at the top, the <views> line has to include '54', something like this:
<views>50,51,53,54,598</views>

- next, scroll down a bit and include 'WideIcon' in the list where the other views are included, for instance:
<include>FullList</include>
<include>List</include>
<include>WideIcon</include>
<include>Thumbnail</include>

last thing and this is the tricky part, is to modify the <visible> conditions at several places in View-WideIcon.xml:

remove this line at the top:
<visible>Container.Content(TVShows) | [Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles) + Container.Content(TVShows)] | [Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles) + IsEmpty(Container.FolderPath)]</visible>

next, replace:
"!Skin.HasSetting(Media_Titles_WideIcons) + [Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles) + IsEmpty(Container.FolderPath)]"
with:
"!Skin.HasSetting(Media_Titles_WideIcons) + !Container.Content(TVShows)"

and replace:
"Skin.HasSetting(Media_Titles_WideIcons) + [Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles) + IsEmpty(Container.FolderPath)]"

with:
"Skin.HasSetting(Media_Titles_WideIcons) + !Container.Content(TVShows)"

i've not tested it myself, so if thing break/don't work, you're on your own. ;-)
I tried this exactly as it says and it didnt work but It did point me in the right direction, I'm sure ill have it soon, thanks!
Something like this

Thats Exactly what I'm going for!
Started playing with Transparecy tonight. Not sure if im going to keep it or not but love the overall look. Seems to lag my Xbox some though. Seems to always flip back to library mode as well no matter what I do.

Would love the above look though. I use the big Wide icons currently but would love to have the ability in transparecy as well.

Keep up the good work!
Howry Wrote:Started playing with Transparecy tonight. Not sure if im going to keep it or not but love the overall look. Seems to lag my Xbox some though. Seems to always flip back to library mode as well no matter what I do.

you can set the Videos Menu button to use file mode if you want:
Settings > Skin Settings > Home window > Videos menu - Use file mode

Howry Wrote:Would love the above look though. I use the big Wide icons currently but would love to have the ability in transparecy as well.

i had been working on a similar view a few months ago, but never finished it.
one of these days i'll pick it up again and get it done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature request] Wide Icon Support0